Tabyana, Parrot Tree or Coral Cay??

gonersgirl

DH and I want to just make Roatan a beach day, and I'm wondering if it might be safer to book one of the beach excursions through Carnival instead of trying to get there ourselves..I think. I'm still not sure!

Anyway..I've read the descriptions a hundred times and I can't decide where to go! I've read some posts on them, but I'm just wondering if anyone can give me an idea about where the *absolute* best place to go is.

Thanks!

This is a great question...isn't Coral Caye the new place that Carnival has at least three new excursions? Has anyone done these? Also, saw on the website their is a Jolly Roger excursion in Roatan? Assume it's like Aruba and Barbados?

Jolly Roger tours on Roatan is run by the same gentleman. He started his outfit on Roatan Fall last year.

Coral Cay is new. Their ad in the local paper says "Young ones and adults can enjoy a variety of animals such as: 3 species of Marine Turtles, Nurse Sharks, Lobsters, Morey Eels, Sting Ray, Sea Urchins and more!"

I say forget the ship excursion, and go to a couple of different places on Roatan...

Rent a scooter (ahem!)....or get a taxi....

The best beach by FAR is WEST BAY....Please note: Tabyana excursion at West Bay beach, is only a fraction of WEST BAY....there is lots of room to go off by yourselves, rather than hangin' with your fellow passengers...and paying the extra monies.

Coral Key is new and has waterlife to see....

The Jolly Roger is a boat ride...

If you want to relax on a beach, do WEST BAY...about a 15 minute ride from the dock..

However, remember, a person can easily do the beach AND see other sights long before you need to be back at the ship!

My customers often want to spend some time at the beach, but also want to see more of the island too!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Tabayna is an excurision through Carnival but not sure if other cruise lines offer the same one. Also, there is a beach called Cucumber Beach that has a thread below this one. I e-mailed the resort and it sounds like a pretty nice place but the contact person couldn't confirm a price for a cab from the village area but it is my understanding it's not far. Something different to consider.

Mary

Archived