Best dining rotation on Fantasy

monkll

OK, personal opinion here, but this is something that gets blown way out of proportion IMHO. Some people feel strongly about being in the fanciest restaurant (in this case Royal Court) on formal night, but in reality, by the end of the week, each person will have had all the same experiences regardless of where they were seated for them.

Yes, fancy restaurant on formal, tropical on pirate makes sense, but I can't see that it really matters.

OK' date=' personal opinion here, but this is something that gets blown way out of proportion IMHO. Some people feel strongly about being in the fanciest restaurant (in this case Royal Court) on formal night, but in reality, by the end of the week, each person will have had all the same experiences regardless of where they were seated for them.

Yes, fancy restaurant on formal, tropical on pirate makes sense, but I can't see that it really matters.[/quote']

I'm with you. We've never requested a rotation. And we've had great experiences in the MDRs regardless of what night we're there, or what room we're in.

the only place I don't like on formal night is Animator's Palate on the Magic/Wonder. It was like eating dinner in a diner in formal wear, done it more than once. On the newer ships, its a much nicer dining room so you don't feel too out of place in formal wear.

We are back on the Magic next month after 3 cruises on the big ships. With my luck, I'll end up at Animator's on formal night, again.

We have never requested a dining rotation. Have enjoyed every one assigned for us. We will usually choose to go to Palo or Remy on Pirate's Night. Our servers are always very understanding when we tell them we will miss an MDR dinner.

• 1 month later...

Have had two-RAERAER and AERAERA. We always go to Palo early on Pirate night and meet up with DD9 for the Pirate party later. I guess we preferred AERAERA because we like AP and breakfast on disembarkation morning is in the same restaurant that you dine in the night prior. I wouldn't request it though-not enough real difference to bother.