Wheelchair accessible

Kim1959

We are going on a Southern Caribbean cruise in December with our adult handicapped son who uses a wheelchair.

Can anyone recommend tours/places to visit that are wheelchair accessible with 2 able bodied adults. Places we will be visiting will be:

San Juan Puerto Rico

St Thomas US Virgin Islands

Philipsburg St Maarten

Castries St Lucia

Bridgetown Barbados

Basseterre St Kits.

Thank you

We are going on a Southern Caribbean cruise in December with our adult handicapped son who uses a wheelchair.

Can anyone recommend tours/places to visit that are wheelchair accessible with 2 able bodied adults. Places we will be visiting will be:

San Juan Puerto Rico

Philipsburg St Maarten

Castries St Lucia

Bridgetown Barbados

Basseterre St Kits.

Thank you

Hi, Kim! I'm taking my Mom to some of these same ports in November, so I'll report back what worked for us. BUT... in the mean time, you might find better answers on this board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

It's all about disabled cruising. They've been fantastic getting me ready for my first cruise with Mom since she's having to use a rollator walker. They cover the full range of disabilities, so they're an AWESOME resource. Cruise critic rocks for answers. Welcome!

Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands (US) are American Territories, and must go by the ADA rules and regs....The other countries don't have such laws and you may find it a bit more difficult to maneuver there! They generally don't have the curb cuts that our streets do.

Edited by cb at sea

We had no problems in Phillpsburg with my SIL who is in a wheelchair. There is a long paved boardwalk that borders shops and the beach, easy pushing. The only issue was pushing the wheelchair through the sand to access the beach.

San Juan Puerto Rico

Philipsburg St Maarten

Castries St Lucia

Bridgetown Barbados

Basseterre St Kits.

Thank you

You should have no problem, some of the ports I helped to take care of my brother, with no problem.