Quick question from MIA pier to airport

Merriem

We have a flight out of MIA on Nov 11 at 12:15. I know on the weekends there are lots of cabs, but this is a weekday. How early can we get off, and should we get a transportation service to pick us up? This is a little tight flight departure, but it is first class so that avoids lines, and we are always TSA pre check.

Best recommendations? Thanks.

We have a flight out of MIA on Nov 11 at 12:15. I know on the weekends there are lots of cabs, but this is a weekday. How early can we get off, and should we get a transportation service to pick us up? This is a little tight flight departure, but it is first class so that avoids lines, and we are always TSA pre check.

Best recommendations? Thanks.

You may disembark as soon as the ship is released by Customs, but there isn't anyone who can tell you exactly what time that will be, so booking a private car can be problematic.

As we leave the ship, we usually give the porter a $20 tip when we send him in search of our luggage, and we're always in a cab and on our way in less than five minutes ;)

Doing it that way takes all of the stress out of the equation.

Edited by StanandJim

You may disembark as soon as the ship is released by Customs, but there isn't anyone who can tell you exactly what time that will be, so booking a private car can be problematic.

As we leave the ship, we usually give the porter a $20 tip when we send him in search of our luggage, and we're always in a cab and on our way in less than five minutes ;)

Doing it that way takes all of the stress out of the equation.

Thanks

Most of the time you will be off before 9am

Last trip we shared a private car service

It ended up being the same $ per couple as a taxi

You just call them when they start letting people off then when you are all at the curb

He pulled right up while we were still on the phone

We found 2 other couples on the roll call to share

Check John's Car service very good service

YMMV

Edited by LHT28

The cab line was outrageous on our Riviera disembarkation last year. There was a shared van with space for two more and room for our luggage and it was $20 for both of us.

That's why you tip the Porter :D

Their "clients" don't wait in the cab line

Edited by StanandJim

Most of the time you will be off before 9am

Last trip we shared a private car service

It ended up being the same $ per couple as a taxi

You just call them when they start letting people off then when you are all at the curb

He pulled right up while we were still on the phone

We found 2 other couples on the roll call to share

Check John's Car service very good service

YMMV

We have used Aires in Ft Lauderdale, and while all the people were calling a cab, our car was there. We just called them as we were getting off. Worked perfectly and it was very reasonable. Will check out John's. Thanks!

WOW I am shocked :eek:

I looked at the one you used before maybe try them

The guy was flat out rude! I didn't need to share a car, just wanted something available . I will do more checking.

The one I recommended was just great.

That's why you tip the Porter :D

Their "clients" don't wait in the cab line

We DID tip the Porter substantially and there were few cabs and a long line. He found the shared van for us.

There were quite a few ships disembarking and clearly not enough cabs.

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.

I am still looking for a car to pick us up, and since it is a Tuesday I wonder if there would be many cabs there?

You could check on the Florida forum

I have only used the one I suggested but there are others

In my experience taxis can be hit or miss during the week

Lyn

When you return to the US if you have shopped, you may need to go through customs; We were taken aside and had to show our purchases delaying our departure. Our bags remained with us and the porter by the time we finished the masses descended and the cabs were scarce.

I am now using DAUGHTER mobile on the return and think that I am using SAS Transportation to get from FLL to POM. They do not do MIA now.

You do know it is a holiday (Veteran's Day) and maybe that is a problem.

Where are you staying pre cruise? IC Miami? I would just call the concierge and have them book you a car for Nov. 11. No problem -- they have their own sources and they will not be rude! Even could do it in person after you arrive at Miami-- good hotels make sure you have no worries. Now HI Express not so much in the service department.