A/C Problem on Golden this week.

atdahop

Apparently someone currently on the Golden has reported that there was a ship wide problem with the A/C. Not something I want to hear today.

Does anyone have any further information?

This was reported on the October 13, roll call .

Apparently someone currently on the Golden has reported that there was a ship wide problem with the A/C. Not something I want to hear today.

Does anyone have any further information?

This was reported on the October 13, roll call .

Interestingly, this was the second charter in a row for Golden Princess. I suspect, given that they were both "party" cruises, a lot of folks left their balcony doors open... that would create havoc with the A/C onboard.

Interestingly, this was the second charter in a row for Golden Princess. I suspect, given that they were both "party" cruises, a lot of folks left their balcony doors open... that would create havoc with the A/C onboard.

Yes, I do remember a thread about leaving balcony doors open that could cause problems with the a/c. Hopefully it will be fixed.

Yes, I do remember a thread about leaving balcony doors open that could cause problems with the a/c. Hopefully it will be fixed.

Me too... we're sailing on Golden Princess in two weeks... let us know your experience.

Just heard from a friend onboard, no A/C, Captain said something about the ocean waters being too warm (???) and they have cancelled the Cabo stop for some reason and heading back to LA.

Are you saying there was no a/c on the entire ship? I hope that it will be fixed by monday. Are they bypassing Cabo because of the damage?

I was on the last Golden cruise before the charters, and A/C seemed fine throughout the ship. Let's hope it is an easy fix! I am considering another 4-nighter on her soon, so will be watching this thread.

Are you saying there was no a/c on the entire ship? I hope that it will be fixed by monday. Are they bypassing Cabo because of the damage?

Cruise ships started going back to Cabo over a week ago.

We lost electricity for less than 30 minutes on a Grand class ship once. It was probably around 10-11 at night and I was in my room. I could not believe how quickly the room warmed up. Glad I had a balcony on that trip and thankfully it didn't last long.

Some info I got from a friend who is in contact with those onboard (this is from a communication from a Princess exec to the Atlantis folks via Facebook who might not be on this current cruise):

The circumstances have impacted the air conditioning system and we’d like everyone in this Facebook group, especially those not currently sailing to understand what has happened, how Princess Cruises and Atlantis Events are managing the situation and what information we have communicated to guests onboard.

It is with deep regret that we have still not been able to operate our air conditioning compressors at full capacity. On Tuesday (October 7) the Captain communicated to all guests that the extremely warm sea water temperature was causing large numbers of mussels to be pulled into our filtration system clogging the filters. This fouling of the sea water systems with marine life has affected the capacity of both the Air Conditioning and Water Production Plants. A team of engineers and fleet technical superintendents have been focused on the issue working around the clock to clear the filters (which takes considerable time for each filter). To make guests as comfortable as possible we have decreased air conditioning flow to crew cabins and back-of-house work areas.

While we are working to correct these issues using all means available, we regret that it became necessary for us to alter the itinerary to expeditiously address these unusual conditions by sailing north to cooler waters. As a result, we were forced to cancel the scheduled call to Cabo San Lucas today (October 11). Instead, guests will have an additional sea day onboard and return directly to Los Angeles, where the ship will arrive on schedule on Monday, October 13.

We are saddened that your cruise has been affected and that we were unable to deliver the experience you paid for and expected. When unexpected problems such as this occur and we make the necessary decision to cancel a port of call, we share in your disappointment.

In recognition of these unusual circumstances, Princess Cruises has worked closely with Atlantis Events to refund a significant portion of the cruise charter fare allowing Atlantis Events to apply a generous onboard credit to the stateroom folio of every person on the cruise. The credit applied to your onboard folio last night can be used towards any and all purchases. Any amount unused will be refunded directly to each guest at the end of your cruise.

I cannot express enough how sorry I am that we were unable to be the consummate host and deliver you a completely enjoyable cruise vacation experience.

Most sincerely,

Brian O’Connor

Vice President, North America Sales

Princess Cruises

Can you give us future Golden Princess travelers (in 3 weeks) an air conditioning update when you return?

Thanks.

John

John, I'll be on board for several cruises so can give you an update as soon as I know something.

Stacey

PS Just noticed that our sailing time has changed from 4PM to 11PM so hopefully they will get this situation fixed while in San Pedro.

Edited by cactusrose