DISNEY MAGIC - Review & Photos!!

eroller

Love the pictures! Our group was on the cruise just before yours. We actually hit the islands in reverse order so we missed the Tropical Storm that was out there.

I have to ask.. How did you get to the Mooring deck (operations fascinate me) and how are there NO PEOPLE in most of your shots. It's either port days or VERY early!

I agree with the butter thing, oddly enough. I wasn't disappointed, but like the service at Keys, it's a little over and above thing they could do.

BD

Edited by HudsonHawk
fat fingers

Love the pictures! Our group was on the cruise just before yours. We actually hit the islands in reverse order so we missed the Tropical Storm that was out there.

I have to ask.. How did you get to the Mooring deck (operations fascinate me) and how are there NO PEOPLE in most of your shots. It's either port days or VERY early!

I agree with the butter thing, oddly enough. I wasn't disappointed, but like the service at Keys, it's a little over and above thing they could do.

BD

The Mooring Deck is actually open for viewing anytime the ship is not undergoing a docking operation. You have to walk all the way around to the very front of the Promenade Deck and there you will see it. It's actually fully open to view with just a railing separating you from the actual Mooring Deck.

I almost always take my interior ship photos around 11am on a port day. It's when most passengers have disembarked and the ship is at it's emptiest, the lighting is generally good, and it's between mealtimes so the best chance to photograph the dining rooms and buffet area without people.

I only wish they had done horns on the D&F instead of the speakers :(

ex techie

Wow I never knew that. Speakers? Disappointing although I guess they are pretty good because I never realized they were just speakers.

Give me the horn on QM2 any day. It came from the original QUEEN MARY. Unfortunately it's no longer steam powered but it still has that unmistakable deep sound that can be heard for miles.

Wow I never knew that. Speakers? Disappointing although I guess they are pretty good because I never realized they were just speakers.

Give me the horn on QM2 any day. It came from the original QUEEN MARY. Unfortunately it's no longer steam powered but it still has that unmistakable deep sound that can be heard for miles.

They just don't have the same depth as proper horns, and I guess they did it due to cost to install enough horns to play some many more notes than just WYWUAS. Would have been money well spent in my opinion.

Here is a pic of them:

maxresdefault.jpg

ex techie

edit to add.

The Magic's horn is puny compared to most other ships, I guess they didn't want it to sound scary to kids, but this magic vs. Liberty of the Seas horn battle is still my favorite!

Edited by Ex techie

• 3 weeks later...
Great review and fantastic photos! We loved the Fantasy and can't wait to compare it to the Magic next year.

Thank you! The FANTASY is the only Disney ship I haven't sailed yet. I hope to remedy that soon!

Thanks for writing the review and sharing all the wonderful pictures. :)

If you don't mind, I'd like to know what camera do you use? Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed!

My camera is nothing fancy. It's a few years old now. Olympus stylus Tough-8000 12 Megapixel. Digital compact.

[quote name='eroller']Glad you enjoyed!

My camera is nothing fancy. It's a few years old now. Olympus stylus Tough-8000 12 Megapixel. Digital compact.[/QUOTE]

You're a good photographer! Thanks for sharing. :D Edited by goeva