Help! Where to go while waiting to board

andrek

Hello, I need some help with a place to go while we wait to board our cruise in Papeete. Our plane arrives around 6 am and I think boarding does not begin until after 12pm. Is there a hotel with a day rate that we can rest in or a tour that we can take? Perhaps even a long breakfast and somewhere to store the luggage? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

Last year, we took our luggage to the city hall where Oceania looked after it. They had food to eat there and if you wandered down to the dock, there were several tour guides there that would take you on a tour. We just wandered around town and saw several of the tourist sites that were within walking distance that day.

and if it isn't too hot...it is wonderful fun.

We have never had to store our luggage...there is not much to see in Papeete tour wise, so if Oceania does have a place to put it, that is a good thing.

The day room is O.K. We did it at the end of the cruise..it is hard to wait all that time to board.

Thanks for the replies. I will look into the Intercontinental.

Is the City Hall where the dock is? Do you know what time it opens and where they store your luggage?

Andrea

no, it is very close to the market and within walking distance of the port. Several passengers dropped their luggage off at the port and Oceania took care of the luggage right there. There is a lovely walk along the waterfront that gives you a chance to stretch out after sitting on the plane for that long ride. We enjoyed the market, particularly the flowers. Stunning arrangements. We bought one and brought it on board with us. lasted the entire cruise.

Hello, I need some help with a place to go while we wait to board our cruise in Papeete. Our plane arrives around 6 am and I think boarding does not begin until after 12pm. Is there a hotel with a day rate that we can rest in or a tour that we can take? Perhaps even a long breakfast and somewhere to store the luggage? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

I would strongly advise you to arrive in Papeete at least 1 day before embarkation. There are very limited flights to PPE. What if your plane has mechanical issues, etc.? You will be catching the ship 1 or more days late.

Go early, get a good night's sleep, relax and arrive on the ship rested and ready to go!

no, it is very close to the market and within walking distance of the port. Several passengers dropped their luggage off at the port and Oceania took care of the luggage right there. There is a lovely walk along the waterfront that gives you a chance to stretch out after sitting on the plane for that long ride. We enjoyed the market, particularly the flowers. Stunning arrangements. We bought one and brought it on board with us. lasted the entire cruise.

Great pareo selection too, and buying a pareo is obligatory in FP, even if they are all made in Inxonssia!--they are still beautiful!

Yes, we should have gone a day early but we thought that we would have an extra day as the ship overnights in Papeete at the beginning of the cruise. It is okay, we will just find a place for us and our luggage and keep thinking that it is only about 4 hours to suffer and then a great trip ahead. I think changing the tickets are very expensive, but I will look into it.

Thanks again,

Andrea