Breakaway forward penthouse

Junebug27

Anyone have any feedback on these? We just upgraded and think it will be great for us, but there are a lot of negative reviews out there about this particular style of cabin! We aren't worried about most of the negatives people said, just happy to be in a room with space for us and our daughter and have haven perks. What were your experiences? Did you feel more movement being at the very front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any cabin at the front (or back) feels more movement, but it should not be horrible unless the ship gets into rough seas. This is such a large ship, however, that should mitigate a great deal of the movement. I haven't been in a penthouse, but I've been in the Owner's Suite which is also at the front. The Haven is awesome, of course and you will be right there in the Haven. To me, the only negative about these forward facing cabins is the balcony, but on the other hand, walk through The Haven to the outdoor areas and you have completely open views, lounge chairs, bar and food service - anything you could want. Meanwhile, you have a spacious suite with butler service.

Any cabin at the front (or back) feels more movement, but it should not be horrible unless the ship gets into rough seas. This is such a large ship, however, that should mitigate a great deal of the movement. I haven't been in a penthouse, but I've been in the Owner's Suite which is also at the front. The Haven is awesome, of course and you will be right there in the Haven. To me, the only negative about these forward facing cabins is the balcony, but on the other hand, walk through The Haven to the outdoor areas and you have completely open views, lounge chairs, bar and food service - anything you could want. Meanwhile, you have a spacious suite with butler service.

The Haven forward penthouses aren't located up in the Haven area, unfortunately. They are located on decks 9 - 14.

The only negative really to these suites is the small balcony, and they can feel quite a bit more motion than a mid ship or aft cabin if the seas are rough.

The Haven forward penthouses aren't located up in the Haven area, unfortunately. They are located on decks 9 - 14.

The only negative really to these suites is the small balcony, and they can feel quite a bit more motion than a mid ship or aft cabin if the seas are rough.

These forward suites are decks 9-13 because 14 is the bridge.

I would not pick these suites because the balcony is 35 sq ft...

Thanks all for the input! We are very excited and thankful we were able to score this room for our trip! We upgraded from a mini suite with a small balcony so we aren't upset about balcony size.

Suitetraveler-

Thank you for you input that the large ship may mitigate the motion, that is what I am hoping. We hit a terrible storm on the jewel in a forward penthouse a few years ago and it was not good! But others on board who had taken 30 or 40 cruises before said it was the worst they had ever encountered. So hopefully it will be smooth sailing!

Thanks all for the input! We are very excited and thankful we were able to score this room for our trip! We upgraded from a mini suite with a small balcony so we aren't upset about balcony size.

Suitetraveler-

Thank you for you input that the large ship may mitigate the motion, that is what I am hoping. We hit a terrible storm on the jewel in a forward penthouse a few years ago and it was not good! But others on board who had taken 30 or 40 cruises before said it was the worst they had ever encountered. So hopefully it will be smooth sailing!

If you don't have an issue with the balcony then you are golden! I think you will have more than enough space and you will be near the forward elevators so the Haven is close. That is the drawl-back to the large balcony H6s, you have to walk the entire length of the ship to get to the Haven.

Congrats on upgrading, and have a fabulous cruise! :)

I was in the Haven fwd penthouse and it's great. You have a seperate eating area and a living room. Then the bedroom with king size bed. Plenty of storage space. Yes the balcony is small but you will enjoy it. The Haven courtyard is great. Have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just upgraded to a Fwd PH except we are on the Getaway. I was not sure because of the small balcony but thought about the fact that we can just relax in the sun in the Haven courtyard....I can still sit on my balcony with morning coffee......I think I can survive :D

This is my favorite suite of all the suites I have had. The only thing I changed was the bed is sideways port/starboard and that made the motion hard for me to sleep. I had the room steward make up the bed so my head was to the bow and feet to aft. Much better for me I like the movement of the bow, I lived on a houseboat so I love it. My dad taught me head to bow feet to aft for a good nite sleep enjoy