Halloween & Upgrade ? on Majesty

Wilson

We depart Oct 31st on Majesty of the Seas for a short 3 night to Bahamas. Anyone know if they will have a Halloween party? I guess we can bring costumes just in case.

Also, we normally book balcony or JS, but this was not a budgeted cruise so ] we booked a cheap outside cabin. Recently started having second thoughts. I called mid Sept and it was an additional $640 (total) to upgrade to a JS. Too much for a brief 3 nighter. Called yesterday and they offered it for an additional $480 (total).

We are holding out for $300 or will just stay where we are. There are 12 JS's left with less than 20 days before we leave. We are currently Emerald status and have never received an upgrade. We are not holding out for that so I want to inquire one more time before they hand out the upgrades. When should I make my third and final inquiry? The wife says to wait until we check-in. I assume they will have all been assigned at that time.

I was in the same boat (:D) as you, wanted to upgrade from a SO, but the price jump was really high.

About 6 weeks out the prices dropped big and we were able to get a GS for a few hundred that the original JS. Price went back up a few days later.

Still Expensive, you bet, but it is my birthday, I figured I'm worth it.

Wife has no clue. The extra bill came and she thought it was just for "the cruise".

It's up to the ship whether they want to have a Halloween party, but I cannot imagine that Majesty will not have one. Carlos the CD is a lot of fun and it's a weekend party cruise to begin with. So plan for it.

FYI, I have been monitoring JS pricing on many of the 3 day Majesty cruises (including 10/31) and it's pretty rare for the JS to go under $450 p/p. Sometimes they do, and hope it works out for you. They're nice cabins on that ship.

I will be on Majesty for Halloween. It's gonna be allot of fun :D

Excellent. Looking forward to a fun weekend as well.

Down to 3 JS cabins and the prices have never dropped below $480.