letter from carnival

rushwater7710

I just received a letter from Carnival stating I can just pay 100 for my cabin and would get a 100 onboard credit. Is this for real? Did I get a free cruise? The fine print states I can take someone else also. 50 bucks each,50 credit each. Should I be dancing now? Thanks for help.

are you sure it is from carnival. i have recently received offers like this that show a carnival cruise ship on the front. usually state free cruise you just have to pay taxes and port fees. these are usually from time share company's or scams like that. and then if you look into it the taxes and port fees are so over priced that it equals out to be the same if you booked a cruise for real. if you are not sure call carnival directly and ask them. do not call the number on the letter.

are you sure it is from carnival. i have recently received offers like this that show a carnival cruise ship on the front. usually state free cruise you just have to pay taxes and port fees. these are usually from time share company's or scams like that. and then if you look into it the taxes and port fees are so over priced that it equals out to be the same if you booked a cruise for real. if you are not sure call carnival directly and ask them. do not call the number on the letter.

This is a real offer known as Pack and Play. OP, check your VIFP Offers or give Carnival a call.

Yes, go to Carnival.com and go to the deals page , click on past cruiser, put in your VIFP number and you should see the "pack n Go Exclusive rate which says starting at $50pp plus $100 OBC. But move quickly. When this came out 1.5 weeks ago I had something like 15 cruises out of Port Canaveral to choose from. Now there are only 4 and they are 3 and 4 nights. I was able to book a 7 nighter and with port charges, taxes and pre paid gratuities, minus the OBC I am paying $447 total for the 2 of us.!(in an oceanview)

Edited by hartsnvt
needed to add category

I just received a letter from Carnival stating I can just pay 100 for my cabin and would get a 100 onboard credit. Is this for real? Did I get a free cruise? The fine print states I can take someone else also. 50 bucks each,50 credit each. Should I be dancing now? Thanks for help.

I received a similar email and forwarded it to my PVP. He confirmed that it was real. My mom and I are sailing on Victory, Lido balcony cabin, for $140 each PLUS $100 obc each. Since my husband and I own Carnival stock, I have another $50 obc. :D

Yes, it is legit. If you are worried just call Carnival directly!

I've been wanting a Pack and Play offer...we'd book another cruise immediately if we got one!

We received many complimentary cruise offers from Carnival and did not "book another cruise immediately." We decided not to take Carnival up on their offer, as we did not feel the perceived value was there at the time we received those offers.

It's for real! We got a 7 night, oceanview for a total of $395. I didn't get the offer in the mail until it had been out for a few day. At any rate, when I did get it, there were 3 eight night cruises with balconies and lots of 7 nights available. If we had booked the day I received the offer, we could have had the eight night, balcony for $449. (I think). I know it was very close to that price. Next time I won't mess around when we get the offer. Good deal!

We just booked this offer for the Splendor in January! You do have to pay full price for 3rd person (our son) but, still $700 for 3 people on a 7 day cruise- great deal! (plus used verizon wireless rewards for even more savings on e gift cards!!) didn't think we would be cruising again so soon, but this offer we couldn't pass up!

Kim

I got the letter, but I can't find the offer when I go online and put in my VIFP number. I'm also using the majority of my vacation time this year for a transatlantic cruise in a couple of weeks, so I doubt I could have made use of the offer anyway. Oh, well.

Maybe some day we'll get some of these offers, but since we're Diamond Carnival probably knows it doesn't have to work too hard to keep us.

Only if you live in North America We poor cruisers down under get none of these offers

Maybe some day we'll get some of these offers, but since we're Diamond Carnival probably knows it doesn't have to work too hard to keep us.

kicia, Hang in there. We are also Diamond and just got the letter last week. When they first started giving away "free" cruises we thought Carnival would never give us anything so we started not having any future cruises booked and started cruising with NCL. We did book a 5 day Fantasy cruise only a week ahead of sailing date last month and got a good deal on it:) Sailing the Liberty in December 7 day western:cool: Pink