Atlantis and Junkanoo Beach - help!

beachlover777

I am so indecisive about our upcoming trip to Nassau! We are in port from 7-3p, but I think that means we have to be back on the ship before 3pm. I have an almost two year old as well as my mom who can't walk all over town. Shorter distances are her friend lol!

I figured we would go to Junkanoo beach because it's close to the port and my son could play in the water/sand. I am wondering if we would have time to explore Atlantis and the aquarium. Are they open early and does it take long to go through the aquarium part? How would we get there if we didn't book a trip via RCI? I keep seeing commercials for Atlantis and an thinking it may be nice to see up close since who knows when we will ever make it back to the Bahamas. I know Atlantis has a beach, but it's rough so I don't think that will be safe for my lil guy. Any advice or help will be appreciated. I hate to go all the way to Nassau and only see Junkanoo Beach lol!

You would have time to see the Atlantis aquarium. It only takes 2 hours or so. You can get Digs (aquarium) passes directly at Atlantis. I believe they currently cost something like $49. Children are probably cheaper but sorry, I don't have the exact information. You could try emailing Atlantis to ask. A Digs pass would give you access to the main aquarium and also the Predator Lagoon. It would not give you access to the pools or beach.

To use the Atlantis beach, you'd need a Beach Day pass which costs more and like you said, it wouldn't be safe for a little one. The Digs pass is probably your best bet.

If your ship leaves at 3, you need to be back on it at 2:30 at the absolute latest. I would plan on leaving Atlantis by 1 o'clock.

You would have time to see the Atlantis aquarium. It only takes 2 hours or so. You can get Digs (aquarium) passes directly at Atlantis. I believe they currently cost something like $49. Children are probably cheaper but sorry, I don't have the exact information. You could try emailing Atlantis to ask. A Digs pass would give you access to the main aquarium and also the Predator Lagoon. It would not give you access to the pools or beach.

To use the Atlantis beach, you'd need a Beach Day pass which costs more and like you said, it wouldn't be safe for a little one. The Digs pass is probably your best bet.

If your ship leaves at 3, you need to be back on it at 2:30 at the absolute latest. I would plan on leaving Atlantis by 1 o'clock.

Thank you! I guess I would try Atlantis first and then junkanoo beach. I will have to email Atlantis for more info. Thank you!

If you are going to Atlantis, there is no reason to go to Junkanoo beach. Walk out of Atlantis and a bit past the hotel, that is a much nicer public beach- Cabbage beach. Take a cab back from there. Junkanoo is a fairly long walk from the dock and it is not very nice.

If you are going to Atlantis, there is no reason to go to Junkanoo beach. Walk out of Atlantis and a bit past the hotel, that is a much nicer public beach- Cabbage beach. Take a cab back from there. Junkanoo is a fairly long walk from the dock and it is not very nice.

Cabbage Beach is not a good beach to go to with little ones. The water is rough and there is a severe undertow.

If you want to go to the beach with a small child, you'll need to go to a Nassau beach. Junkanoo or Cable Beach.

With the short timeline, I would probably just go to junkanoo or melia ($30 for adults/ free under 3.

BTW. Atlantis DIGs is free for kids under 3.

Cabbage Beach is not a good beach to go to with little ones. The water is rough and there is a severe undertow.

If you want to go to the beach with a small child, you'll need to go to a Nassau beach. Junkanoo or Cable Beach.

With the short timeline, I would probably just go to junkanoo or melia ($30 for adults/ free under 3.

BTW. Atlantis DIGs is free for kids under 3.

Thank you for the info! It stinks we have a short time in port but I'm hoping to make the most of it!

stay away from Cabbage beach unless you are a strong swimmer. Kids...no way. The waters out there can get real dangerous real quick and never even see it coming. I do not think the aquarium at atlantis opens until 9am though? took me 45 mins to walk through it.

Huh. I have been to cabbage beach twice and it was pretty calm. We are used to the beaches on Long Island and cabbage beach had tiny little waves by comparison

I've been to cabbage beach twice too - one time they wouldn't let anyone in the water, the other time they wouldn't let anyone on the beach (both at Atlantis). We are frequent visitors to the Jersey shore, and it just depends. Two of my kids had to be rescued by the lifeguard locally 2 months ago, and they are strong swimmers. There is no way I'd bring them to a beach with waves that didn't have a lifeguard.