Lounge chairs

firsttimer2012

No, I did not have a thread about upgrading to a Neptune suite I think it does get confusing when someone is talking about a verandah and someone else is talking about Neptune suites. It's hard to get it sometimes if you are not familiar with the different categories. I believe the OP was talking about a verandah.

No, it looks like an SY so that's why it's important to know. It is different than a normal balcony.

No, it looks like an SY so that's why it's important to know. It is different than a normal balcony.

Ok, good to know. My mistake was thinking the OP was talking about a normal balcony. I get confused about the difference in categories.

My experience agrees. In'12 we took a Hawaii round trip out of San Diego on Oosterdam. Aft balcony - one of the very deep ones. Had 2 chaises as well as a pair of upright chairs and table. Liked it so much that we booked the exact same cabin for our '13 cruise. When we embarked, there were no lounge chairs on the veranda. Steward stated that it was no longer allowed and could not supply them. Guest Relations at supervisor level repeated the same. Sent us a bottle of undrinkable fizzy wine in compensation.

I didn't consider HAL as a possible carrier for our ‘14 or up-coming '15 cruises and won't look at them until I learn for certainty that HAL has rescinded the policy. Lazing away sea days reading and dozing in the privacy and quiet of our veranda is a major part of the experience for us. We would be happy to hear that policy has changed so we can consider them for future cruises as some of the itineraries are attractive.

My experience agrees. In'12 we took a Hawaii round trip out of San Diego on Oosterdam. Aft balcony - one of the very deep ones. Had 2 chaises as well as a pair of upright chairs and table. Liked it so much that we booked the exact same cabin for our '13 cruise. When we embarked, there were no lounge chairs on the veranda. Steward stated that it was no longer allowed and could not supply them. Guest Relations at supervisor level repeated the same. Sent us a bottle of undrinkable fizzy wine in compensation.

I didn't consider HAL as a possible carrier for our ‘14 or up-coming '15 cruises and won't look at them until I learn for certainty that HAL has rescinded the policy. Lazing away sea days reading and dozing in the privacy and quiet of our veranda is a major part of the experience for us. We would be happy to hear that policy has changed so we can consider them for future cruises as some of the itineraries are attractive.

In place of the loungers, did you have the two rattan chairs with cushions and ottoman? I think those are comfortable. :)

We have stayed many times in a PS on the R class, S class, Vista class and Signature class ships.

We have only ever had 2 lounge chairs.

Good morning... I yield to your vast knowledge but if you look at the photos of Cabin 7045 on the Zuiderdam you will clearly see four loungers... Several of us posted the same photos.

I would love to meet you. We are in Quebec looking at the Eurodam which we board in a few hours...

Cheers...

Good morning... I yield to your vast knowledge but if you look at the photos of Cabin 7045 on the Zuiderdam you will clearly see four loungers... Several of us posted the same photos.

I would love to meet you. We are in Quebec looking at the Eurodam which we board in a few hours...

Cheers...

We have not done a PS yet on the Zuiderdam.

If we do book that ship -- we will have to have a couple of the loungers removed. I can not longer sit in a lounger.

Have a great cruise.

We have not done a PS yet on the Zuiderdam.

If we do book that ship -- we will have to have a couple of the loungers removed. I can not longer sit in a lounger.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks... I just looked at the deck plan for the Eurodam and the "diagram" for the PS shows four loungers. I agree with you that two loungers and two chairs with ottomans would be much better. Will let you know in an hour or so...

If you look at photos of this suite which we have booked several times and another one coming up,soon, you can see it has room on the deck for quite a few chaise loungers, if you needed them, plus it has a table, chairs , and a few other chairs. posters have commented about having large parties on there, even including having a bar brought in to serve large parties...it's a perfect suite for any cruise but especially Panama Canal and Alaska....

Cheers...

Lucky you :) to be in Quebec City waiting to board the beautiful Eurodam.

You are sure to have a great cruise. Weather prediction is for 70's in Boston this week so it is likely you should have warmer than usual temperatures as you sail south. The trees here are coming close to peak so you should also see some pretty foliage.

ENJOY!

Fair Winds and a Following Sea.....

In place of the loungers, did you have the two rattan chairs with cushions and ottoman? I think those are comfortable. :)

No. We were supplied with two upright dining chairs and a low table. Period. Nothing would budge anyone on Oosterdam to provide us with loungers, though we had booked almost a year earlier and paid the asked price for the larger veranda.

To assure a someone that you just need to ask and if the veranda is of an adequate size you will receive one is, in our experience, not at all accurate. I believe it does a disservice to the questioner.

We don't find that a chair and ottoman provide nearly the same comfort as a lounger.

Edited by gisnered