To Laminate.. or Not To Laminate..

surfjock27

Like others here we use packing tape to laminate. Then I punch a hole in both ends and attach with zip ties. Never had one come off yet.

Yup, same here, but I just use the same tape to attach them to the bag handles. Never lost one. I still print an extra one to place on the inside of each bag as well. On our last 7 day, the ship passed out a memo on day 3 to each cabin looking for a bag missing from one of the passenger since the start of the cruise. Wow.

Edited by scuabacruiser

We had these but on our last Carnival cruise one of the porters wrote FTTF across them using black permanent ink. I haven't been able to use them since so naturally they were tossed.

All you have to do is use rubbing alcohol (or a magic eraser) and permanent ink comes right off.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

At Staples they have laminating sheets that you don't have to run through a machine ... i imagine they would be cheaper than having someone do them. I used them last cruise and they were great.

I use the 3M ones. Buy them at Target or Walmart in the office supply area. Then we punch holes in them and use zip ties to affix them to the bags.

This past cruise I didn't have any zip ties as they must have been put in storage. So, we just used about 5 or 6 staples on each tag. For the first time, one of our tags was ripped off and that bag was unaccounted for until 9PM the first night.

Next time, we're back to laminate sheets and zip ties. :cool:

I got a pack of 5 luggage tag holders on E bay for about the price of a roll of packing tape.

They look like the CC ones posted on page 1 but have no logo.

If you vacation at least twice in your lifetime, they are all worth the cost and save you tons of time and worry.