New Suite Perks in 2015

1cruiselvr

Did I understand correctly - suite pax will be getting new/different perks in 2015? If so, would someone please explain the differences. I am currently booked in a C1 on Constellation in early 2016 but I am wondering if the new perks are worth spending the extra $$ to change my booking to a sky suite. Thx.

Here's another good resource:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Basically, Sky suites get suite dining room added

Celebrity suites add Michaels Club access

Royal and above add unlimited internet, specialty dining, mini bar (read T&C for specifics on mini bar), and premium beverage packages included.

We too are on the Constellation in 2016 and have booked the Sky Suite.

We are looking forward to the new Suite dining room (supposedly for breakfast, brunch and dinner). We've cruised on Cunard in Queens Grill and they have their own dining room and we did enjoy it.

We have grown tired of the main dining room and have been either booking Aqua Class so we have access to Blu or booking a balcony and eating in specialty restaurants. With the suite having more space, the added private dining room and the full in-suite dining, we thought it was worth the extra money. Time will tell.

We too are on the Constellation in 2016 and have booked the Sky Suite.

We are looking forward to the new Suite dining room (supposedly for breakfast, brunch and dinner). We've cruised on Cunard in Queens Grill and they have their own dining room and we did enjoy it.

We have grown tired of the main dining room and have been either booking Aqua Class so we have access to Blu or booking a balcony and eating in specialty restaurants. With the suite having more space, the added private dining room and the full in-suite dining, we thought it was worth the extra money. Time will tell.

I can't decide. I go back and forth on the decision. The difference would be around $2,000 which is a lot of money that could be spent on excursions, etc. So that's my issue - is the suite experience and dining perk worth the extra money? Decisions...decisions...;)

Edited by 1cruiselvr

I can't decide. I go back and forth on the decision. The difference would be around $2,000 which is a lot of money that could be spent on excursions, etc. So that's my issue - is the suite experience and dining perk worth the extra money? Decisions...decisions...;)

We've been in a Sky Suite a few times and the extra space is nice. We under-used our butler each time... but to some that's a nice plus too.

Love Blu access and a new dining venue sounds good too.

All that said, for $2000 you could just stay in the Balcony or CC cabin and dine in the most expensive specialty restaurant twice a night and still be ahead... :eek::D

Edited by A Sixth?

So we're booked on our first Celebrity cruise next year-what do they consider Aqua Class-is this a suite?

Aqua class is an enhanced Veranda Stateroom.

Same floor plan etc, just with a few extra perks like BLU dining room, complimentary bottled water and tea, and includes free access to the Persian Gardens in the spa.

The Reflection currently has "Aqua Suites" that will become Sky Suites when Suite Dining rolls out in April 2015. No other ship has these Aqua Suites.

We've been in a Sky Suite a few times and the extra space is nice. We under-used our butler each time... but to some that's a nice plus too. Love Blu access and a new dining venue sounds good too.

All that said, for $2000 you could just stay in the Balcony or CC cabin and dine in the most expensive specialty restaurant twice a night and still be ahead... :eek::D

We are currently booked in a C1 (CC) cabin so the $2k would be for a Sky Suite upgrade. You are right, we could eat in the specialty dining restaurant every night for less. Great point. DUH! :D

Edited by 1cruiselvr

We were in S2's on S class ships twice. Our last cruise on Millennium was in an Aqua cabin. Boy, are we spoiled for suites, between the amenities & extra room, and the butler, who we did use quite a bit, it was hard going back. We are booked in a CS & RS on our next 2 cruises. We choose to only cruise once a year because of our cats, so we splurge on the suites. We're looking forward to the new dining room and added amenities.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

This is actually a pretty good reason NOT to book a suite unless you can do it EVERY cruise... :p

Yes, which is why we are in a suite for the next 2 cruises; especially since we only cruise once a year and if we take another trip that year it is very short. Our cats and koi take too much looking after and we don't want to impose on our "sitters". (No kids to call into the breach. :D)

Mary Lou