Why is SZ Oosterdam Cabin so much less?

S&B

We are currently booked on an Oosterdam cruise. The SZ cabins have suddenly gone down in price and are now only 200.00 more than our VF. I see there are only 4 SZ's and are located on the Navigation deck. Is there something about these cabins we should know about?? Thanks for any answers.

Edited by S&B
explanation

HAL uses the SZ category as a well to show a low price for suites on the various websites. They normally do not even list them until close to the sale date (like after final payment) when they are trying to fill up the ship.

By doing this, they can still sell similar cabins in SY and SS categories for more money, as in these you can pick your cabin (most times HAL lists the SZs as "guarantee only". You can see what I mean since there are only 2 SZs on your ship.

As to the cabins, they are the same as the SYs and SZs (in fact prior to last May all of these three categories were different cabins than now - HAL did a shuffle on us). The only negative is that they are a bit more aft than most of the SYs and SSs.

If you do not care about cabin location, SZs are a great deal IMO.

Edited by DaveOKC

Thanks Dave.

HAL is telling my TA that this new SZ price is a Flash Promotion and does not apply to us. You actually do not know who to believe any more. They have several cabins left and we sail in 18 days. However, they did finally agree to give us a SZ for 200pp more. We paid 1799 and the SZ is 1999.

On this same cruise we have friends that went from the basement to a balcony. Great upgrade for them!! Plus they had OBC. I wonder if a TA has more pull than another TA.