2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

Just a question, if any one knows the answer, please let me know. I know the magic number is 21 days. But can the CDC come on the ship and get a blood sample from her. Get the results, before they let all PAX off the ship? Or does the lab test take to long to do?

This is what I am thinking needs to be done

Geez this has to be done

Does anyone know how long results take?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Has anybody heard from anyone on this cruise or has the ships internet service mysteriously shut down.

Twitter had a lot of posts from people on board -yet not one mentioned Ebola. Many thought they were just stuck beyond Belize. Stuck on what, no one said.

Not sure what people were saying or tweeting after Mexico was cancelled too or what the Captain is telling passengers. It's probably best not to create a panic at sea.

Twitter had a lot of posts from people on board -yet not one mentioned Ebola. Many thought they were just stuck beyond Belize. Stuck on what, no one said.

Not sure what people were saying or tweeting after Mexico was cancelled too or what the Captain is telling passengers. It's probably best not to create a panic at sea.

Someone on the radio said the some passengers were freaking out watching the crew scrubbing down everything wearing gloves & face protectors.

We're on Magic Sunday. Can't say there isn't a little bit of apprehension on our part but we're going if she's going. Anxious to hear everyone is ok and she is leaving as planned.

Have a fabulous cruise! We leave the following Sunday on the Valor. Pack your patience and sense of humor, and I am sure you will be fine. Let us know how the crew are doing, I am sure they are dealing with some unhappy and out of control passengers.

"She" didn't ruin anyone's cruise on purpose.

She departed on the cruise before the first nurse even got sick. Before any kind of watch on the health care providers was started. And she didn't have direct contact with the patient, she worked in the lab.

After finding out that the nurse got sick, she self-quarantined and notified the authorities. What more could she do?

Are you saying that everyone working in that hospital should just cut themselves off from life because Ebola was in their hospital? People had plans before Mr. Duncan even arrived from Liberia.

I think if you will do a timeline of events, nurse #1 was already in the hospital with ebola before the lab emplyee left on her cruise.

I believe if the employees of that hospital could use better judgement and maybe tis mess want spread like a wildfire.

As a former lab employee myself I could write a book on the things I was exposed to and caught while on the job.

I agree 100%! Carnival is doing everything they can and I have no hesitation whatsoever in cruising with them. As for the lab worrier, instead of condemning her, we should be praying for her good health.

I agree with you about praying for her good health. I do however have issue with the CDC. I am a healthcare worker and my husbands first degree was in Microbiology. CDC should have place mandatory isolation on anyone that came in contact with Ebola, be it in person, via biomedical waste, or cultures. This isn't about rights it is about survival. Sorry just my feelings.

I leave on the Breeze a week from tomorrow and I refuse to worry about a thing. I'm excited. I flew from Florida to Las Vegas ten days after 9-11 and the planes were almost empty. I hogged a whole row of seats to myself and slept like a baby, there and back. Me, worry?

Someone on the radio said the some passengers were freaking out watching the crew scrubbing down everything wearing gloves & face protectors.

Can you really blame them?

Until we have a handle on this thing situations like that will continue.

I will say it again... We need to know for sure she tests negative.

Symptomatic. Asymptomatic.

We are not monitoring her in the infirmary so we can only go by what the cruiseline reveals

Soon it will be we can't give out anything due to patient privacy. As it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

And yours is more faithful to the original graphic.

Your royalty check is in the mail! :p[/size]

thank you, I will be watching for it. At this rate, it just might pay for my next cruise. Lol ;)

I see you actually have a cruise this weekend. Appreciate your tongue in cheek approach, same I would do. I'm sure it will be awesome, bon voyage!

I think Carnival is doing all it can, mandated or not. While it is not surprising Ebola made it to the US, I am disappointed in the hospital and CDC in its response. What would make Carnival great from this point forward is to allow without penalty those exposed to reschedule their trips. I understand there is insurance, I bought some myself, but I'm pretty sure Ebola exposure wasnt on this employees mind when they booked the trip.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

We're driving down to Galveston in the morning and staying at our beach house before our cruise Sunday on the Magic. I will try to post what I find out. I am tired of wondering!

I will be, and I'm sure a lot of others will be, interested in your feedback, so thanks in advance, and best of luck for your upcoming cruise :)

Edited by falkcor

This Ebola scare is in my opinion being fanned by the new media. It is a shame. I hope this dosent effect the cruise industry. This isnt a carnival issue but will become an issue for all cruise lines because of the fear the new media is causing. I feel sorry for the passegner who is isolated. Like the nurses who flew from dallas. She was given clearance to travel by the cdc. Now she is being treated like a common criminal. I hope we as a society will take a step back and take a deep breath. Look at the facts not what talking heads are telling us. The news media are just trying to add fuel to the fire for ratings. Think about this. There have been 3 confirmed cases of Ebola in the United States. 3 people out of 300 million citizens. I feel safe with those numbers to travel.

Patient Duncan, two nurses, and an NBC reporter ( who Dr. Syderman was near on assignment, he was flown to Bethesda, MD) - I believe makes 4 ( four ) patients. Not three (3)

On CNN just now, an interview with a passenger who is a reporter.

Passengers mainly upset about the poor communication since they could tell they were not moving to Cozumel during the night.

Captain told them this AM what was happening and why.

Basically doing what people normally do on a cruise ship on a sea day, having fun.

Have not been told anything about not having normal disembarkation in Galveston.

Edited by caribill

I think if you will do a timeline of events, nurse #1 was already in the hospital with ebola before the lab emplyee left on her cruise.

I believe if the employees of that hospital could use better judgement and maybe tis mess want spread like a wildfire.

As a former lab employee myself I could write a book on the things I was exposed to and caught while on the job.

As far as I can tell nurse #1 was admitted on Friday. The lab workers cruise departed on Sunday from a port 300 miles away.

I'm figuring that the lab worker left work on Friday not knowing the nurse was admitted (who knows whether they were actually that close?) and probably left for Galveston on Saturday. It's entirely possible that she wasn't aware that the nurse was sick.

I'm fairly certain that there are many patients in a large hospital that are contagious/dying or otherwise health risks to the health care workers. Are they all supposed to just go to work and stay home and not have a life?

Do you check on the health of all the people you come in contact with daily before you depart on a trip to see if they are all healthy so you don't spread something?

I sincerely hope this person, as well all others embroiled in this, have no health issues, but I don't condemn her for continuing with her life.