Guarantee Cabin results

doconner

Sail Date: May 10, 2015 - Magic

Booked: March 7, 2015 - Inside Guarantee (4 ppl)

Assigned: April 5, 2015 (35 days to sailing)

Category: 4F

Happy to be on Deck 7 sandwiched in between 2 passenger room decks, but the last room next to the big white blank space (steward servicing area?). We'll see how it goes.

How do you find out so early what your assigned room is?
It depends on how quickly the ships cabins are booked up. When the percentage of empty cabins reach a certain number they are filled with those waiting for their assignment. Sometimes it is a day or two before you cruise that you find out where you will be sleeping.

Hermitstyle, that was a free upgrade? Think your platinum status helped?

It was a free upgrade. They called me the morning of the cruise and asked if I wanted the free upgrade. They said it was because I was a valued platinum guest, but whether that is true or not is up to you to decide.

When I arrived in the cabin, it still had all the information for the prior guests (they were both Platinum as well), so I'm sure my Platinum stuff was in my original stateroom. Only minor annoyance I had was even after going to guest services to explain the situation of my day of upgrade, they still had the prior guests attached to my cabin, so I kept being called Mr. Thomas (I'm a female) and I even got their S&S bill at the end of the cruise (no charges, so I'm assuming they canceled day of).

Edited by hermitstyle

Sail Date: May 16, 2015

Assigned @ 31 days out -- April 15, 2015

Ship: Splendor from Norfolk (2-Day Cruise To Nowhere)

Balcony Guarantee

Received: 8D(Verandah Deck)

Indifferent about the assignment. Towards the back of the ship and it's an adjoining cabin. Wish that it were closer to the middle without a connecting cabin. Also, not sure how it will be under the Lido Deck. However, it's a weekend cruise so it can't be too bad😉

Date: 5/11/2015

Ship:Paradise

Class of Guarantee: OV Guarantee

Cabin Assigned: R161 6B

Date Assigned: received assignment 30 days prior

First time trying the guarantee rate. Was hoping for something a bit higher. Have never sailed this low on a ship before.

Gupebreedr we got our cabin on deck 9 and have never stayed above 6 before. Hope you will be content with your location.

I'm sure it will be just fine. Hey it's a cruise, it's got to be good, right? :):):)

I knew what I was getting into when I made that reservation so I have no right to complain. As long as it's clean I'm a happy sailor!!!!!!!!

So, we are 39 days out today and some who are booked on our cruise received their room assignment yesterday, I still have no room assignment. Do you think they don't do all of them at the same time? The girl I talked to had 4 in her room and we only have 2. Maybe that is the reason? I would think that ours would be coming really soon though!! So excited!!

This will be our first Carnival cruise coming up May 11th on the Splendor out of Norfolk.

We're Diamond and Elite with RCCL and Celebrity and never received an upgrade when we booked a guarantee with either of them.

The departure port and the amazing price is what caught our eye, so took the chance and booked a balcony guarantee just yesterday.

We'll be happy with whatever we get but very anxious to see what the cabin assignment will be.

I'll post here as soon as we know our cabin #.

Wish us luck! :D

Just now checked our reservation and see that our cabin has been assigned and we're very happy with it.

It's a cat. 8B L shaped cabin with large balcony

Watched a youtube video on the same type of cabin on the deck just above ours and it looks just fine. Hardly much of a seating area since there's no sofa only a chair and table in an odd location in the corner.

But the balcony looks to be at least 75 sq. ft. so we'll make good use of that.

:D

Date Booked: 11-1-2014

Ship: Carnival Freedom

Class of Guarantee: Balcony Guarantee

Cabin Assigned: Balcony, Lido Deck - 8D

Date Assigned: 36 days out.

Yay!!! Super excited. A little anxious about being THAT forward, but who cares. I'll be on a ship!! :)

Date booked: around March 1

Ship: Carnival Valor

Class of guarantee: inside

Cabin assigned: 7234, empress deck forward, 4e

Date assigned: 29 days out

Super excited, this deck has only rooms above and below, great assignment!

Booked: April 15, 2015

Sail date: May 11, 2015

Ship: Splendor

Date assigned: May 4, 2015

Class of guarantee: 1A

Cabin assigned: 1A on main deck. Cabin has a twin bed and a convertible sofa and two portholes.

Not too thrilled as I was hoping to get bumped up to at least a regular interior, but I got what I paid for. Price was $130pp less to take a 1A guarantee than pick an interior cabin so I am good with my decision.

Edited by JinxyB