Pay final payment online or call Royal directly?

denamo

Wonder which option is better? Pay online or over the phone. We usually use a TA, but over a weekend saw a great deal, put a complimentary hold until we could make a decision. I decided to call to book and discovered an additional C&A discount that was even better than the balcony discount! They honor whichever one is higher. That did not show up online, so I was glad I called.

So, make final payment online or call and pay over the phone?

Edited by denamo

With RC's screwy website issues I for one do not trust making payments online. Regardless of how you make you payment, be sure you get an updated copy of the reservation showing a zero balance. I recently had an issue after I made final payment when I made a revision to online check in. After made the change, I checked my reservation overview and it showed that I owed $1600!!! Called RC and, of course, it was a glitch in their system. After spending about 20 minutes on the phone it was finally corrected and I received a copy of the reservation that showed full payment had been made.

I was totally undecided until reading everyone's input. Even though it would be quicker to pay online, I think I will call. Royal's online glitches make me a bit unsettled to go that way. We got a great cruise bargain, and I don't want to chance it.

Thanks for sharing your personal experiences.

I would never pay my final balance online...It's an important final step and no way would I take a chance on possible website glitches...also best to speak to them to double check any other possible discounts that might just be available on your particular booking...Better safe and take the few minutes involved to do this.

Wonder which option is better? Pay online or over the phone. We usually use a TA, but over a weekend saw a great deal, put a complimentary hold until we could make a decision. I decided to call to book and discovered an additional C&A discount that was even better than the balcony discount! They honor whichever one is higher. That did not show up online, so I was glad I called.

So, make final payment online or call and pay over the phone?

Honestly have done both, it really doesn't matter.

I would never pay my final balance online...It's an important final step and no way would I take a chance on possible website glitches...also best to speak to them to double check any other possible discounts that might just be available on your particular booking...Better safe and take the few minutes involved to do this.
Have made final payment online the last 44 cruises and my problems doing this were........."0"....K.O....:).

Thanks everyone! This cruise included a sizable residency discount rate and a C&A discount, one of those we previously would get coupons for, so these were my concerns. When I booked, my rate was less than an inside cabin. :eek: I think it must have been one of those up for an hour and then gone. So glad I put a courtesy hold on it. It wasn't there the next morning and have yet to see it again.

I have made final payment by phone. The representative who took my final payment was also amazed at the rate I received for a balcony.

We are not novice cruisers, and I'm an avid "do it on the Internet" person. I was just nervous since reading some horror stories from posters here on CC completing final payment online.

Thanks for everyone's input. Now to fill out online documentation! :)

Edited by denamo

Recently, I attempted to pay the balance on line. Couldn't figure out how...

Called (and I'm so glad I did) and the rep said she was going to check the price first. The price had gone down by a whopping amount. I will always call from now on!!