Cozumel puerta maya pier for handicap

gadaboutgal

Looking at the Carnival pier in Cozumel, it looks like a very long distance into the actual terminal. Is there any transportation or assistance provided handicap guests. Though I do not use a wheel chair, walking a long distance is almost impossible for me.

I have been to Cozumel many times and do not remember seeing any type of assistance with walking the pier. I never felt the pier was that long but to someone who has mobility problems, ten feet may be too long. Once off the pier, pax have to walk through the shops area to get to the transportation (taxi and tour buses).

Looking at the Carnival pier in Cozumel, it looks like a very long distance into the actual terminal. Is there any transportation or assistance provided handicap guests. Though I do not use a wheel chair, walking a long distance is almost impossible for me.

I have not been on the Carnival Pier, but I will say the Pier that Princess and RCL use are very long for someone who does not walk very far. Once off the pier you have the issue of even longer walk to get out of the shop area just to get a taxi. There has not been any assistance. The taxi drivers can only wait outside the pier area. Sorry.

I am not sure which Cozumel pier this is, but the photos below show transportion is possible. I assume those pedaling these vehicles do charge for the service.

89021700221714PieratCozumelMexicoDSC08589_zpsa4ad728c.jpg

89021700321714Duty-freeshopsatCozumelpierDSC08590_zpse3535b5e.jpg

DW uses a cane and took the pedi cab. However she was dropped off by the entrance of the duty free store. The sign on the gate says "Crew Only", and there is a security guard directing everyone through the store. So she got transported only about halfway down the length of the pier. She said it was worth the tip, but it looked like a tourist scam to me.