Quality of Coffee on Celebrity

RedHatCruiser

For coffee with meals: Coffee in the dining room is brewed, the rest is from concentrate.

Does "the rest" include room service coffee, like if you order breakfast in your room from the dining room menu?

I enjoyed the cappucinos in the cova cafe, but they are an extra $2.50 (or at least they were when I sailed in 2004). They are in the european style, served in a small china cup - not giant Starbucks like servings. I prefer this style since you get to actually taste the espresso, but I can see why folks would be surprised to pay a surcharge and get a smaller portion than one may be used to at Starbucks, etc.

My experience on the Horizon and the M-class ships is that Celebrity does not use concentrate for any of their coffee. This is based on watching them make the coffee in the different venues and talking to the staff. I understand that policies may change and that the staff may just tell you want you want to hear but on a handful of X cruises this has been the case.

• 4 weeks later...

I found coffee, other than dining room and cova, ranged from fair to terrible. I'm thinking of bringing a cheap throw away coffee pot. On our last Princess cruise, which has the worst coffee, we bought a Toastmaster coffee maker at Target for $8. and just left it there. Might do the same on our upcoming Celebrity cruise. Had great coffee every morning and didn't have to wait for room service.

Archived