Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

They are all pretty good IMO. OTW Cabanas W1 thru W4 are on one side and you can see the ship to the right as you face the water. W5 and W6 are on the other side and are facing the ship and pier directly. Some get morning sun and the others get afternoon sun. W5 and W6 have a ladder (not stairs) to enter the water. You can also work around W5 to enter the water from the beach. I think W1 thru W4 have similar water access via beach entry.

Thank you SO Much for this information! I think we would prefer steps instead of a ladder to enter the water also. But just walking a few steps to the beach would also be nice. Do they take you to these Cabanas on a golf cart? Thanks, much!!

We had both B2 and W6. I preferred W6, but if you have a choice, W5 is even better. (However, both are good, and private). I liked W5 and W6 for the view. B2 is steps from the water.

I would tend to agree on W5 and W6 (if you dont mind using the/a ladder). Otherwise you have to walk around the back of W5 to get to the beach to access the water (almost in front of B2). We also had W6 and it was great.

Thank you SO Much for this information! I think we would prefer steps instead of a ladder to enter the water also. But just walking a few steps to the beach would also be nice. Do they take you to these Cabanas on a golf cart? Thanks, much!!

Yes a golf cart will take you to the entrance of the Cabanas. You board the golf cart as soon as you exit the pier area near the building on the right. Thats what we were told to do and sure enough a staff member was there waiting in a golf cart. One other note, the food at BB was really good with lots more choices and variety.

Good luck and happy sailings.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Sorry, I am a little confused. Does anyone have a map that shows the two beaches (Nellies and Barefoot) with the cabana #s? I have seen this map before, but I can't find it anywhere. We were there about 4 years ago and were in cabana S9, but I can't remember which beach we were on. If anyone has maps, I would appreciate seeing them.

Thanks,

Sorry, I am a little confused. Does anyone have a map that shows the two beaches (Nellies and Barefoot) with the cabana #s? I have seen this map before, but I can't find it anywhere. We were there about 4 years ago and were in cabana S9, but I can't remember which beach we were on. If anyone has maps, I would appreciate seeing them.

Thanks,

Try this site by CC member Gambee. He has some great info on his site about Labadee.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/labadee-haiti/

I've read through all 7 pages and appreciate the information!

I've not seen my question addressed though, for our sailing the only cabanas available to book online are the wheelchair accessible. I emailed the Diamond concierge and he advised me to go ahead and book it!

Has anyone done this even though accessible is not needed?

I wouldn't be surprised or even upset if they bumped me if it was needed.

Any insight would be appreciated

the best way to guarantee a cabana is to book and pre-pay. Even if it is not the actual one you want you should be able to change that on boarding day.

Norine

Interesting. I would like one for our next cruise, and I have been checking often, but we don't even gave option to book or prepay. Nothing at all on website for excursions of cabanas [emoji22]

I would like to get a cabana, but alas, we are not in a suite. We plan to book it to the shore excursion desk as soon as we embark, but fear that none will be available.

Does anyone know if they hold back some cabanas for us "low life's" or are all the cabanas booked in advance by suites?

BTW....Our ship will be the only one in port that day.

I would like to get a cabana, but alas, we are not in a suite. We plan to book it to the shore excursion desk as soon as we embark, but fear that none will be available.

Does anyone know if they hold back some cabanas for us "low life's" or are all the cabanas booked in advance by suites?

BTW....Our ship will be the only one in port that day.

Nelllies beach cabanas are suppossed to be open for all.

Barefoot beach cabanas are booked for the suites first and if any left ----open to all.

I just think it is so un-safe to make people mad dash to the excursion desk to book a cabana on Nellies. But, maybe if enough people complain it would be looked at.

Previouslly booking on line seemed fair, wonder why they changed????

Good luck!!!

Booking a cabana through the excursion desk is the only way to reserve one anymore. They no longer allow you to reserve them ahead of time unless you are a suite guest. Get there early and you should be ok. From what I was told this is a recent change.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Sorry to revive an old thread but thanks so much for this info!

I have an owners suite booked on the harmony for december 2016 (looooong time from now, I know!).

Obviously I am too far out to make any excursion bookings, so I made a dummy booking for this year (where I *think* I saw options for Nellies Beach and BB). I noticed that for the BB cabanas, there were age restrictions (4 years old I believe). I will be traveling with a 1 and 2 year old...

Have any of you who have booked previously seen any small children? Will that be a problem? Also, would they even count as "full people" if we wanted to invite none suite family?

TIA!

Hello!

Sorry to revive an old thread but thanks so much for this info!

I have an owners suite booked on the harmony for december 2016 (looooong time from now, I know!).

Obviously I am too far out to make any excursion bookings, so I made a dummy booking for this year (where I *think* I saw options for Nellies Beach and BB). I noticed that for the BB cabanas, there were age restrictions (4 years old I believe). I will be traveling with a 1 and 2 year old...

Have any of you who have booked previously seen any small children? Will that be a problem? Also, would they even count as "full people" if we wanted to invite none suite family?

TIA!

No worries, this thread gets revived periodically -- conditions change. :)

I have seen small children on both BB and Nellie's Beach, so I was not aware of any restriction for the cabanas. And they probably wouldn't count as full people for the purpose of inviting other guests. To be certain, however, I would contact RCI.

I loved my cabana and think they would be awesome for the under 3 because they have a more of a contained area. Maybe they are worried about them falling down stairs because there isn't a baby gate, and cement and rock landings & walls at the bottom of the stairs ( or the ocean at the bottom of otw cabana stairs.)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I loved my cabana and think they would be awesome for the under 3 because they have a more of a contained area. Maybe they are worried about them falling down stairs because there isn't a baby gate, and cement and rock landings & walls at the bottom of the stairs ( or the ocean at the bottom of otw cabana stairs.)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

True, the cabanas are not baby-proofed.

A few questions:

If you don't reserve a cabana can you get a chair on the beach or are those reserved?

If you want to do the zip line and the dragon coaster how do you get to those activities from the beach?

If you do not get a cabana, you can get a chair and if you are early enough, also a shell shade thing. You can drag them yourself, but they are heavy. The people who work there will set you up comfortably for a tip. If you get a cabana, your attendant will set you up with chairs on the beach as well. We had 6 of us in the cabana, but I figured we could rotate time at the beach chairs so I only asked for 2 and around noon some people were looking for chairs and I was the only one using the beach, so I gave one up. They were clearly relieved so I guess there weren't any chairs available anywhere else on the beach.

Did you say you saw it as bookable online? I thought they took that option away?