smart phone question

skye02

Yes! That's what I did and my Samsung takes amazing pi

I have a Samsung, too. I always leave my phone at home and take my camera, but this time I want to just use the phone camera. I guess I'm nervous since I've read so many stories of people being charged a fortune due to their phones being left on. I just have to make sure I know what to do.

Thanks!

No charge. I do this allot in Central America and use Skype to communicate with home while on Wi-Fi. No charge at all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

How about if the OP uses the ships wifi? That's not free is it?

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Airplane mode on iphone works fine for taking a picture.

Now I see all these teenagers running around texting... I can't imagine the cost of that.

When I was on the Breeze where I believe I saw somewhere about using your smart phones to get information but I had no idea how it worked.

Anyone know anything about that (or maybe I was just dreaming :confused:)

With an iPhone, wifi is initially disabled when you switch to airplane mode. However, you can manually turn wifi back on. This ALLOWS you to connect to wifi, but doesn't make the wifi free. Wifi on the ship is fairly expensive. The only free wifi will be at the ports from places that offer free wifi.

If you put your iPhone in airplane mode, are you able to text fellow passengers without charges?

iPhones require data or wifi to text. If you put your phone in airplane mode or turn off data, texts will not go through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you put your iPhone in airplane mode, are you able to text fellow passengers without charges?

Only if you have the Ripple app. We used it this past cruise on the Glory and it worked. No wi-fi charges since you aren't officially using the ship's internet and you keep your phone in airplane mode.

With an iPhone, wifi is initially disabled when you switch to airplane mode. However, you can manually turn wifi back on. This ALLOWS you to connect to wifi, but doesn't make the wifi free. Wifi on the ship is fairly expensive. The only free wifi will be at the ports from places that offer free wifi.

WiFi on the ship is 100% complimentary. However, as the network Carnival-WiFi has enabled MAC Address Filtering, a valid Internet time plan is required to access any website that isn't offered free of charge. Carnival-WiFi, without an Internet plan, is nothing more than a local intranet with wireless repeaters throughout the ship to serve as access points. Any local traffic, including P2P, can be transmitted unless a specific port has been blocked. There is more to wireless networks than accessing websites, such as Facebook.

Edited by Disconnections