Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

I can't thank you all on-board enough for taking time to answer questions and give us your first impressions... I have a couple questions to ask and hope that you might be able to find some answers. If not, I will have to wait, but here are a couple that I don't think have been asked yet ---

1) Will someone be able to report back on the new shows and give us an opinion of them?

2) I have been looking at the pictures and videos of the accommodations that have been made public today, but haven't seen any that show connecting balcony staterooms.... if anyone in the group has connecting balcony staterooms, can you tell us where the door between rooms is located? Does it get in the way? (Some pics would be great, but don't want to push my luck.)

3) Like on most ships, balcony rooms appears to be the 'bed by the window' and 'bed by the bathroom' difference - is there anyway to know the configuration on the deckplans for Quantum?

Seem silly, but I am curious. Getting really excited now for our February Quantum cruise!

well then i would need a wrist band because id keep forgetting that it was in there . i guess if you can use the wrist bands to get into your room and purchase things on the ship people may just leave their cards in the little slots

From what I remember reading based on a picture on Twitter, the WOW Bands won't allow you off the ship, you'll still need your SeaPass for that

:) hello to all you lucky people, hope you're all having the time of your lives. As for me and my family will be on this gorgeous ship in March.

my question for anyone is there any way i can have someone take pictures of room 13692, as this is my room to be thankyou :)

All, thank you for all your updates.

A few questions if anyone can help.

We will be sailing in room 8510 and I have seen pictures from room 8110 (same layout).

Is is a full bathroom?

Our little girl will be 2 years old when we sail - unsure crib will be big enough - is couch suitable and any dividers in room?

Any information on royal tots?

Any information on travelling with toddler much appreciated.

Mary

Mary I am in 8110. Just shower in bathroom. No divider and the sofa bed is not very comfy. Very hard. Will take some more pics tomorrow. We have our 3 year old with us. Was thinking of possibly doing a separate "live from" review thread from a family with young child point of view if anyone is interested

Was thinking of possibly doing a separate "live from" review thread from a family with young child point of view if anyone is interested

I imagine there aren't many families on board this time around, so any reports from a family standpoint would be useful! Thanks!

Hello everyone! We are the Quantum Live Reporters who will be on the Maiden Transatlantic Voyage from Southampton, England to Cape Liberty, NJ on Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas (November 2 through November 10). Hard to believe that we’ll be on this beautiful new ship in just TWO WEEKS! We will use this thread as our Live Reporting thread, so please subscribe to it.

We know that new ships cause a flurry of excitement, and we’re so happy to be some of the first passengers to share all that Quantum of the Seas has to offer. We assembled from our Roll Call because we knew that it would take a small army to cover all that is Quantum of the Seas. We will take a lot of photos, and if you’re on our sailing, and would like to join us, just post to our Roll Call, and we’ll be in touch.

Leading up to our November 2 voyage, we will be counting down toward our cruise date by posting recaps on the many exciting WOWs that Quantum of the Seas as to offer, and also we’ll share more about us as we all bring a little different perspective to how we each approach cruising.

Our Roll Call also has 12 events planned over the eight day sailing, including a Flash Mob proposal, a Bumper Car launch and a Masquerade Dinner at The Grande. We’re going to have a lot of fun!

We look forward to your comments, questions and feedback to make this the BEST Live Report on Cruise Critic yet!

Quantum Live Reporters

jv_nyc (Joanna)

Clansman37 (Dan)

Dancinman66 (Greg)

David4 (David)

Emmad1973 (Emma)

HandE (Elayne)

Jasoncruising1976 (Jason)

queenL (Lateefah)

Rollover (Karen)

SkyKingBNA (Tracy)

TravelinGert (Gertie)

PS: Quantum Fun Fact: The class of ships was code-named “Sunshine.”

Suscribed

Mary I am in 8110. Just shower in bathroom. No divider and the sofa bed is not very comfy. Very hard. Will take some more pics tomorrow. We have our 3 year old with us. Was thinking of possibly doing a separate "live from" review thread from a family with young child point of view if anyone is interested

Thank you for your quick response peewee14. I would love to hear your review.

Have a wonderful cruise with your family.

How exciting!!! Can't wait to here all the details and see all the pictures.

If anyone has on opportunity, can you find out how the cabins are on deck 13 regarding noise from the pool deck, etc. above on 14? We are booked in cabin 13570 on the June 20th sailing and we are a little anxious about our deck and cabin choice.

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I forgot to mention that we are sailing on the Anthem of the Seas on June 20th, and we are super excited to hear all about the Quantum's maiden voyage!

Ed