Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Was anyone going to post the cabin pics from your cabin crawl......thanks :)

I wish they would. Two people in our group took quite a few. I'll try to find a link for one of the guys who keeps a website of his travels, but I need to browse through the Rollcall and try to remember his CC name. If I find anything I'll let you know.

Edited by MindyJohn

I wish they would. Two people in our group took quite a few. I'll try to find a link for one of the guys who keeps a website of his travels, but I need to browse through the Rollcall and try to remember his CC name. If I find anything I'll let you know.

Thank you for trying that would be great!

Overall not that impressed with Quantum as I was with Oasis/ Allure.

We have been on both ships and will be on the Quantum in Jan. Will let you know how impress we are. But I won't judge one way or another until that time. Might really like this cruise ship.

Why are you not impressed so far?

They can't help it if there is a problem with an elevator, I'm sure it was being fixed in NJ.

Unfortunately it is their ship and their responsibility. If you accept payment from passengers you need to know things will be working. Just one of many things that was out of order.

Diane and Mike

It should have been operational prior to the cruise and someone should be onboard who is able to repair it.

They were working on many of the elevators on the ship throughout the cruise. Many companies still had representatives onboard to make sure everything was working.

RCI did break from tradition here and contracted with Schindler Elevators for the Quantum and broke the long term relationship with KONE Elevators. KONE had done a fantastic job on solutions for the Oasis class ships.

Unfortunately it is their ship and their responsibility. If you accept payment from passengers you need to know things will be working. Just one of many things that was out of order.

Diane and Mike

I thought most of us expected that these sort of things were going to occur on a first voyage. As reported by many others prior to this sailing, maidens are prone to a bit of shaking down.

I think Royal were very fair in giving a future 25% discount and $300 spending onboard to make up for it.

Oh, and refunding the internet package, which, while not great, worked and was.certainly great for free.

Seeing some of the whining about little things by passengers in guest services was disappointing, made me feel for the poor staff who had to endure what was, quite frankly, pure rudeness.

That's unacceptable. Everyone should be able to ride.

No... Just because something is available does not mean an absolute right to use it. The Rock Climbing Wall, Rip Cord and Flow Rider come to mind. Some people can use these attractions and some can not....

I think Royal were very fair in giving a future 25% discount and $300 spending onboard to make up for it.

I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED with RC in regards to this cruise. As a modification, you do NOT get a overall 25% discount. You get an amount that is 25% of what the TA per person cruise cost. I'll be posting photos and comments of what I thought was a POOR example of a Maiden voyage.

<a href=25percent_zps1e525b3c.jpg' alt='25percen

I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED with RC in regards to this cruise. As a modification, you do NOT get a overall 25% discount. You get an amount that is 25% of what the TA per person cruise cost. I'll be posting photos and comments of what I thought was a POOR example of a Maiden voyage.

p><p>1) internet wasn

2) weather was rough causing attractions to be closed due for health and safety reasons - cannot see what Royal are supposed to do, they aren't the God of Weather

3) slow checkin - this is easily explained by the fact it is a new system and the staff won't have had chance to pressure test it, something I would expect on a maiden voyage.

p><p>That

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkd

Edited by internetwhiz

No... Just because something is available does not mean an absolute right to use it. The Rock Climbing Wall, Rip Cord and Flow Rider come to mind. Some people can use these attractions and some can not....

I disagree with you. What exactly does the absolute right to use it mean? Out of all the attractions you mention the North Star is the only one that could and should accommodate someone in a wheelchair or those with other physical needs.