Best Ft.Lauderdale / Miami Pre-Post Hotel

Cruisin' Again 86

I just booked Residence Inn Marriott FLL Airport and Cruise Port for my December cruise. Since we are getting in so late I'm not worried about anything close by (arriving at 10:15 pm). It says it has a complimentary breakfast, its a brand new hotel opening November 2014, free shuttle from the airport and $8.00 per person shuttle to the port. Sounds like a great deal to me.

This is the hotel I was about to book for our cruise in March. It looks nice and says it is 5 mins from the airport and. 10 mins from the cruise port.

That is where we stay, 99% of the time, when sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. We have tried Pricelines deals, twice, and then go back to the Embassy Suites.

Nice "Managers cocktail hour" in the evening before, and a great cooked to order breakfast, and a free shuttle to the ship. Just be sure to check in with the concierge when you first arrive at the hotel, to make sure that you will be on a shuttle that you want.

Rick

From some recent posts, it sounds like the port shuttle is no longer free. Is it possible to walk to the Port for embarkation from this Embassy Suites on 17th? I wouldn't think taxis would even like the short trip/low fare?

We used a taxi from the 17th street area (Hyatt Place N 17th St Convention Center). It is a short(er) taxi ride, but we tipped well. It was no more than the shuttle and we had personalized service. Once in to the gates at the Port, it is a quite a ways back to the cruise ship docks!

This is the hotel I was about to book for our cruise in March. It looks nice and says it is 5 mins from the airport and. 10 mins from the cruise port.

It looks really nice. Since its so new I will write a review and take pictures and post after we get back. I got a studio King with sofa bed for our daughter. It looks very close to airport and not far from port. I looked on a map and there are places around it but we wont have time for it this trip. With the shuttle and free breakfast its one less thing to worry about. I already scheduled the shuttle on their site.

It looks really nice. Since its so new I will write a review and take pictures and post after we get back. I got a studio King with sofa bed for our daughter. It looks very close to airport and not far from port. I looked on a map and there are places around it but we wont have time for it this trip. With the shuttle and free breakfast its one less thing to worry about. I already scheduled the shuttle on their site.

I ended up booking it too! Please keep me posted on how you like it. Also I see you are going to be on the Oasis in December. We will be on in late March/early April, so I would love to see lots of those pics too!

Edited by UK Fan 78

Quick question....where on their site were you able to schedule the shuttle? I went back to look, but I am missing it! Thanks!

I checked the Ft. Lauderdale website (I think it was sunny.org) for hotels with pre and post cruise packages. In the column for shuttles, most of the hotels showed a package with a shuttle either to or from the airport/cruise terminal/hotel. When I called most of them, they all either said they didn't offer a shuttle or the price was WAY more expensive than I wanted to pay (or get a taxi for).

I was trying to nail down a nice post cruise hotel, on the beach with a shuttle to pick my wife and I up at the port and take us to the airport after our stay.

One of the things I like about Ft Lauderdale and/or Hollywood beaches is they have a trolley service that can take you up and down the strip to shopping and restaurants.

I was glad to see some positive comments about this hotel. We've stayed there quite often when it was a Marriott and really enjoyed it. We're looking for a pre and post cruise stay in January. It was disappointing to see some negative reviews from recent guests.

Any thoughts?