Power on Sun Princess?

I think the Sun Princess does have a 110v plug in the cabin, but I would get a US to Australia adapter just in case you cant use it and could be handy ashore as well :)

Also here in New Zealand and Australia we use 240v so make sure your changers etc.., can handle that.

I think the Sun Princess does have a 110v plug in the cabin, but I would get a US to Australia adapter just in case you cant use it and could be handy ashore as well :)

Also here in New Zealand and Australia we use 240v so make sure your changers etc.., can handle that.

For the difference in voltages, I would recommend having a proper (US to Aus) adaptor so that your phone, camera, etc, charge properly and do not get damaged.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Princess has both 110v and 240v in the cabin, but I'd still get a US to AUS adapter. We needed one for the hotel and would have used it on the ship, too.

Most (not all!) things are now rated for both 110v and 240v, but you need to read the fine print to be sure. It's usually on the electronic item (or the package if you still have it). The only thing we found that wouldn't work on 240v was DH's beard trimmer. Our Kindle's, camera's, and his regular shaver worked on both.

I bought two adapter's for less than $10.00 on Amazon.

Sun Dawn and Sea Princess being deployed from Australia retain their original. 110v outlets, plus. 220v outlets for Australia and New Zealand travellers.

NB. Do not plug a 110 volt appliance into a 240 volt outlet even with an adapter plug or it will blow up.

Most modern chargers for portable devices and phones will handle either 110 or. 220 volt. input voltage , but check the input voltage on your charger label.

With such dual voltage chargers using the 240 v outlet and adapter will charge the device in the shorter time.

Sun Dawn and Sea Princess being deployed from Australia retain their original. 110v outlets, plus. 220v outlets for Australia and New Zealand travellers.

NB. Do not plug a 110 volt appliance into a 240 volt outlet even with an adapter plug or it will blow up.

Most modern chargers for portable devices and phones will handle either 110 or. 220 volt. input voltage , but check the input voltage on your charger label.

With such dual voltage chargers using the 240 v outlet and adapter will charge the device in the shorter time.

Best advice.

And similarly for charging times, a device designed for 240v will take longer in the 110v outlet.;)