Family half platinum, half ruby

twinkle toes

Does anyone know how they handle a family cruising that has a multiple level? My DH and I are Platinum, but our daughters are Ruby. Are they allowed to get priority boarding because they are with us, or do we have to board regular with them? Also, what about the other perks onboard? Just curious.

It will depend on the port. They will be able to access the priority checkin line with you, but they may or may not be able to priority board with you. In Houston last year they would only allow non-priority folks to board with their priority relatives if they were in the same cabin. If two seperate cabins then the only option to board together was to wait in the non-priority queues with them.

Edited by Dudleydog73

It all depends. If your daughters are minors, no problem. But if they are adults, it depends on the port and sometimes, the reps.

They can check in with you but often, because so many Platinum/Elite bring "guests" into the line, it can be much longer than regular check-in. Same thing happens in the waiting area: it's over-crowded with so many additional passengers that aren't Platinum/Elite.

My feeling is that if they are adults, they should be capable of boarding on their own. I've been in too many waiting areas over-crowded with guests.

Since the daughters are Ruby, I assume they are 18 or older. Are they in a cabin with you and your husband? If so, they can board with you. If they are in their own cabin, they may be directed to the non-preferred boarding area. Of course, you can join them there if you wish.

As to other perks. they will not get their own internet credit. You can share yours with them if you wish.