Pre-ordering fun shops booze packages

amsred2

The prices seem extremely expensive for a bottle of liquor.

Yes they are, but probably still cheaper then buying drinks individually. I cannot bring myself to purchase bottles for my cabin as I very rarely spend time in the cabin drinking. Since Carnival rules state that you can only consume the room service or bon voyage purchase in your cabin, it is not for me.

Reading this post I just found out about the 2 bottle minimum. I did not know about this so thanks for starting the post. Anyway, we have ordered a bottle of vodka for me and a bottle of wine for my wife to be in the cabin on embarkation in Miami. Does that take care of the 2 bottle min or can I go ahead and order another bottle of either? My liver would like to know so it can prepare.

Thanks!

You know you can take on two bottles of wine per adult yourself? Then you could order your extra bottle of liquor from BV. Also, that wine would be a lot cheaper to carry on than to order from BV.

Yes they are, but probably still cheaper then buying drinks individually. I cannot bring myself to purchase bottles for my cabin as I very rarely spend time in the cabin drinking. Since Carnival rules state that you can only consume the room service or bon voyage purchase in your cabin, it is not for me.

If you are walking the ship with a glass of wine, no one will know if you purchased it on ship or not.

Also, if you are not swigging from the bottle but making a mixed drink, how will someone know that you didn't purchase it at a bar?

This makes me wonder - since you can order the same bottle of alcohol through room service, does that come with the same rules about consuming only in your room??

Edited by ScottsSweetie

If you are walking the ship with a glass of wine, no one will know if you purchased it on ship or not.

Also, if you are not swigging from the bottle but making a mixed drink, how will someone know that you didn't purchase it at a bar?

Are you familiar with Aldo Leopold?

This makes me wonder - since you can order the same bottle of alcohol through room service, does that come with the same rules about consuming only in your room??

Yes.

We always take water bottles or tervis tumblers. I think I just found a new use for them, they will never know as long as you are just sitting or walking around.

Are you familiar with Aldo Leopold?

Ummm . . . no?

Ummm.... that was fairly obvious from your previous post suggesting that one could walk around the ship with a glass of wine or a drink mixed in your cabin because no one would ever know where the drink came from. Aldo Leopold said that ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.

I don't know about you, but I try to live my life by adhering to the tenets of that philosophy.

Ummm.... that was fairly obvious from your previous post suggesting that one could walk around the ship with a glass of wine or a drink mixed in your cabin because no one would ever know where the drink came from. Aldo Leopold said that ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching.

I don't know about you, but I try to live my life by adhering to the tenets of that philosophy.

You have fun with that! :)

around this board, this is rare... Props to you! +1

Makes sense. I ordered a little cooler with 4 beers, 2 coozies, 4 cups and bottle opener and it didn't show til day 2 of a cruise out of Texas. Texans are cool about guns. Alcohol, not so much.:D

I just ordered that today too and had to agree to the beers not being consumed anywhere but in our room. Does anyone know how picky they are about that? How would they know if you got that beer from your room or one of the many bars all over the ship?

I just ordered that today too and had to agree to the beers not being consumed anywhere but in our room. Does anyone know how picky they are about that? How would they know if you got that beer from your room or one of the many bars all over the ship?

From what I have read on this and other threads, it is not "absolutely" enforced. The packaging pictured in the funshop beverage section looks the same as the ones you get from the bar. Perhaps someone who has ordered it, can tell you if the beers are marked in a way they would know on sight, but I don't think they are.

There is even an article on here about "9 ways to get free or cheaper drinks" and they mention ordering this way and then taking it out on deck.

Of course there are people on this forum that see this as a moral issue. If you are asked about Aldo Leopold, the proper response is:

Yes, he wrote “Nonconformity is the highest evolutionary attainment of social animals.”

From what I have read on this and other threads, it is not "absolutely" enforced. The packaging pictured in the funshop beverage section looks the same as the ones you get from the bar. Perhaps someone who has ordered it, can tell you if the beers are marked in a way they would know on sight, but I don't think they are.

There is even an article on here about "9 ways to get free or cheaper drinks" and they mention ordering this way and then taking it out on deck.

Of course there are people on this forum that see this as a moral issue. If you are asked about Aldo Leopold, the proper response is:

Yes, he wrote “Nonconformity is the highest evolutionary attainment of social animals.”

Thanks, I have no issues with following rules. Hubby on the other hand is of the belief when something doesn't make sense....well you can fill in the rest.

Thanks, I have no issues with following rules. Hubby on the other hand is of the belief when something doesn't make sense....well you can fill in the rest.

I honestly have no sides in this, just trying to answer your question based what I have seen. Your husband is buying the beer from them, it does seem unfair that they would make him drink it in the room.

Honestly, If they wanted to totally put a stop to it, they absolutely would. When they sell liquor in bottles, and buckets of beer, through room service and the funshops, they know people are most likely going to do this, but they want the money.

If they really wanted it stopped, they would sell all beverage through the bar at bar pricing. Then it wouldn't matter where you drank it. But they know they would sell far less of it at that price. If they sold alcohol with a nominal mark up, people would order more and smuggle less.

Trust me they have done all the math, and determined that the current system, with smuggling and people taking cabin drinks on deck weighted in, is still how they can make the most money.

It is all part of cruising. Just enjoy it all. If the worst thing they say about you is, you drank a beer a deck that you weren't suppose to, well you are doing pretty damn good.

14 days.... I am so jealous. Do you see how long is left on my countdown.

Edited by Domino D

the alcohol police will know. then they'll report you and you'll be banned from cruising ever again, since you want to take alcohol out of your room and not drink it alone, in your room, being lonely.....:rolleyes:

Just placed a Bon Voyage order for our upcoming cruise, Seems like the '2 bottle' rule is actually not 2 bottles, but 2 alcohols.

Example -- 4 bottles of wine plus 1 bottle of Vodka is OK. But you can't add another wine selection because that makes it 3 alcohols. Go figure. We'll just order what we need from Room Service once on board. :confused: