Changing Cabin during the Cruise?

MTNestr

Yes, just two weeks ago on the Star. For some crazy reason, in 17 cruises, I let my TA book our cabin which was under the Weight Room. The entire cabin vibrated and was unbearably noisy from 8 am - 10 pm.

I went to the PSD and let them know that the noise was beyond awful and could they think about cushioning the floor where weights were being dropped. I did not ask for a cabin change because I booked the cabin.

One rep at the desk was very sympathetic as compared to one other that said, "Boys will be boys, they love to make noise." The next morning I went to thank Cheryl for being so compassionate. She got her supervisor and the next thing we knew, we were offered another cabin.

The only negative....we went from a heavenly pillow top bed to one that was original to the Star. YIKES.

Cheers, Denise

We have never had to change cabins but our friends were once moved due to an extremely noisy air vent next to their cabin.

The ship was full but one of the crew members had a guest who was in a very large handicapped cabin and they moved the guest into the noisy cabin and gave our friends the large handicap cabin. I assumed that the guest was sailing for free or almost free so they felt OK about moving him.

Only once on HAL's Prinsendam. My friend and I were on a 28-day cruise that was also available as two 14-day cruises. We each had a cabin, the lowest oceanview category, that were on the lowest deck aft. The Prinsendam is an older ship and the noise and vibration from the thrusters and propellers was so bad that things were constantly falling onto the floor. A couple of days before the 2nd segment , we went to the PSD to ask if there was any possibility of changing cabins for that segment. There was lots of availability as the ship was sailing just over half full on that segment. We were both given cabins on Promenade deck.

Yes, due to a humming vibration that was making me quite ill, just me, just an unfortunate quirk. And the Hotel GM and his staff was wonderful. The ship was sailing full (as usual) but due to winter storms, some had missed embarkation. First day was a sea day, and as soon as they determined which cabins would be available, we were relocated. While moving our roll on luggage through the hallways, someone asked if we had just embarked. Oh, yes......:D

Yes once we transferred mid cruise due to a very loud noise in our cabin on Plaza Deck. Rang customer service several times to see if they could work out what it was - they really didn't want to know or help us. They sent someone to the cabin who walked in (when the noise was not occurring) and as they couldn't hear anything, nothing was done. It was really affecting our sleep and enjoyment of the cruise. So when the noise was occurring - I rang and was told that they couldn't hear me due to the noise in the background! Then they finally accepted that it really wasn't our imagination and moved us to the opposite side of the ship in the same locale.

Edited by Bizziecruzer