Booking Labadee cabana

Kycruisefan

I looked online last night to see about booking a cabana for out July 2015 cruise. It would let me pick the cabana to get to the next screen where you enter how many guests and such. But it wouldn't let me enter the day. So I assumed that maybe reservations were not open for my sailing yet.

Out of curiosity I picked something else for the Labadee day and it did allow me to do so. So does that mean that there just are not any cabanas left?

I just found it odd that the website still had the "add to cart" available for the cabana but then would not let me go any further.

The cabanas at Barefoot Beach have to be reserved (GS & up catagory cabin) with your concierge .. usually you can do this directly with him/her via email at a certain point prior to your cruise.

The cabanas at Nellie's Beach can usually be booked on RCI's website under excursions..just keep checking back..perhaps a little early for July 2015.

We loved our hilltop H5 at Barefoot Beach...Best of luck !!

Edited by Ashland

I looked online last night to see about booking a cabana for out July 2015 cruise. It would let me pick the cabana to get to the next screen where you enter how many guests and such. But it wouldn't let me enter the day. So I assumed that maybe reservations were not open for my sailing yet.

Out of curiosity I picked something else for the Labadee day and it did allow me to do so. So does that mean that there just are not any cabanas left?

I just found it odd that the website still had the "add to cart" available for the cabana but then would not let me go any further.

How many cabanas are you looking to book? It is not real obvious but they are booked by cabana not occupants so put 1 in if you want just 1 cabana. If you put in the number of people who will use it, you may be going over the number of cabanas available causing the date issue.

I also have the same problem (and others) making online reservations. The answer seems to be "email the concierge and have him make them". My question... How do you know who your concierge is and how do you get their email before the cruise begins?

I also have the same problem (and others) making online reservations. The answer seems to be "email the concierge and have him make them". My question... How do you know who your concierge is and how do you get their email before the cruise begins?

What RCI ship are you on ?..This info will make it easy to provide the email contact you need.

Don't worry if you don't get a Cabana on Labadee! I was going through the same kind of panic, and realized that all 20 cabanas were taken. We booked an excursion to a beach (Malfini) that was paradise and only had about 20 people there...snorkeling was amazing, water was beautiful and plenty of shaded areas if you chose...and a fraction of the price of the cabanas...when we got back (short boat ride there) I saw where the cabanas were and was so glad I didn't book them. Beaches with 2 ships full of people are not my idea of "Paradise"...

We had the same issue when we tried to book a cabana at Nellies beach when we were on the Allure a few weeks ago. We had tried to book it many times, called RCI for help and didnt receive any. We did go to the excursion desk as soon as we boarded ( thanks to a tip we read on this site) and we were able to book a cabana onboard.

I also can confirm that this means they are sold out. I just booked a March 2015 cruise, which is relatively "last minute", and I tried to book a cabana. I can see the "add to cart" button, and I can add "1" to the #of people. .but no dates show up. I called excursion phone number - and they say they are indeed all sold out.

However, I have read here that the ship keeps a few (no idea how many) for walk ups at the onboard excursion desk - so go to the desk when you board. In fact, I've also read that if the Barefoot Beach cabanas(reserved for Grand Suite and above, and Pinnacle members) are not sold out, they will open them up to anyone (I would imagine this would be very late in the game - onboard)

Edited by Toddcan

• 1 month later...
We had the same issue when we tried to book a cabana at Nellies beach when we were on the Allure a few weeks ago. We had tried to book it many times, called RCI for help and didnt receive any. We did go to the excursion desk as soon as we boarded ( thanks to a tip we read on this site) and we were able to book a cabana onboard.

I've run into the exact same thing for weeks with in our attempt to get an over the water cabana (which is the only one we want or worth having). I'm wondering then, what are the odds that they'd actually have an over water Nellie's cabana when we board? I can see that morning is going to outrageously stressful. Great. :mad: