RCCL Explorer or the new Crown for next year??

dmerc

I have reservations on both of these ships and I have never sailed Princess.

Any input would be appreciated. I have 3 children also sailing with me ages 3,16,20. Any thoughts as to which the kids will enjoy as well.

Thanks

I would pick the Crown because I like new ships. However, if you were to ask me the new Freedom or the new Crown, I think I would pick Freedom. Why? I believe it will be very innovative...but also very expensive.:)

My kids are grown, so can't help you as to what would be best for them. But I'm sure both Princess and Royal do an excellent job with their children's programs.

dmerc,

It's a summer Friday afternoon....these boards sometimes aren't as busy as other times. I guess people are off to an early start to their weekends.

If you haven't received enough opinions, try reposting your question on Monday, bet you'll get alot of replies then.;)

My daughter (now 21) has been on several RCCI & Princess ships, & really prefers RCCI - they have more physical/fun activities like rock wall, in-line & ice skating, etc. She just feels that she has more fun (since the age of 14) on RCCI. I have to say that the food & service was better on Explorer than on Grand & Caribbean Princess, maybe because of traditional dining. That said, my DH & I are sailing on Diamond next fall - both lines have been great for us!

My 20 year old daughter and I just got back from a Caribbean Princess cruise. Two years ago we were on the Adventure of the Seas. She preferred RCCL for the abundance of things to do. Even for nightlife, there's only one club on Princess and several on RCCL. The few times I went into Skywalkers, it was pretty dead. Also (don't blast me, folks) but on RCCL they serve beer and wine if you are 18 and older and if the parents sign. On Princess, it is 21.

The employees I encountered on the Princess were extremely friendly. The food was about equal (I thought it would be a little better than RCCL). Loved the fresh water pools on Princess and the pool at the very back of the ship with lots of shade. All in all, pretty much equal.

Suzan

That was our dilemna too. Opted for the Crown. Just returned from a RCCL Voyager cruise to Western Carib. Nice, but a very interior experience. Lots to do deep in the ship...would have liked more outside options to relax and have fun with. Thought we'd try a new line and first time to try a brand new ship. Have done Celebrity, Carnival & RCCL (that being our least favorite). Hope Princess offers new experiences in a brand new setting.:D

Archived