Coral Mini-Suite Size Vs Diamond Mini-Suite size

Travel_Maven

My husband and I sailed Southbound on the Diamond Priness in 2010. We had a nice Mini-suite with plenty of room for 2. We are sailing again Northbound on the Coral Princess With extended family in 2015. My husband, 13 year old daughter and I are in a mini-suite again. From the information on the Princess website, it looks like the Diamond Minis are much larger than the Coral Minis. Can anyone comment on this and if the 3 of us will be cramped on the Coral? We loved our Diamond Mini and hope we will enjoy our Coral mini as well without being too cramped. Thanks!!

I have not been on the Diamond but have been on the Coral. The Coral mini suites are the same size as the mini suites on Caribbean, Emerald, Crown, etc class ships. We shred a mini suite with our daughter who was 26 at the time.we had plenty of space of us. I don't think 21 square feet is going to be that huge of a difference. If the cabin is 21 foot long it could just be 1 foot wider which would make up the 21 square foot difference which would be almost unnoticeable. I'm not sure where the difference in space comes to play, just using that as an example. The layout looks the same on both ships.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The Mini Suites on Diamond (and Sapphire) are a tad larger than on Grand/Emerald etc. Almost imperceptibly so. So if the Minis on Coral are the same as Emerald as Whimsy reports, then your cabin will be a bit smaller than the one you had before but you will not notice the difference.

I also wanted to add that my daughter and I could be classified as a bit high maintenance. We each brought lots of shoes, purses, outfits for both formal nights, make up, curling irons, flat irons, etc. The closet floor was a bit junky with shoes but we had plenty of room for everything thru out the cabin.

Luggage stored under the bed, over the door organizer for suntan lotion, sunglasses, hair spray, gels, mousse, etc. really helps.

Our daughter also slept in the pull down from the ceiling instead of the sofa bed, her choice. She said that way if we got up early and wanted to go to the balcony we did not have to go around her bed. It worked out very well and she said it was very comfy and cozy.

Thanks folks! It does appear as if they'll be a bit smaller and from the additional research I've done it looks like the desk area may be where the difference is. The Diamond desk was larger and was in more of an L shape whereas the Coral desk looks smaller and flat against the wall. I'm sure we will be just fine but I like knowing what to expect ahead of time. 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those of you that have been in a Princess Mini-suite, how do they set it up for 4 people? I read above that there is a pull down from the ceiling. Do you know if that is what they do on the Crown Princess? TIA!

Edited by K-Dogg

Thank you Travel_Maven and Thumper69! That looks like it will be perfect for us! My husband and I are traveling with our two kids who will be 6 and 8 at the time of the cruise. That set up looks great! Does anyone know if the Crown would be the same? Thanks again!

Thank you Travel_Maven and Thumper69! That looks like it will be perfect for us! My husband and I are traveling with our two kids who will be 6 and 8 at the time of the cruise. That set up looks great! Does anyone know if the Crown would be the same? Thanks again!

Yes, Crown is exactly the same. That is the ship we sailed with our daughter in the mini suite. Our cabin was exactly like the photo above with the bed pulled down. It tucked Away flat during the day, you had no idea it was hidden in that space. The bed also pulls out to be made into a bed.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app