My Disney Dream dilemma, what would you do?

Crystalkrt

My partners 30 s Bday will be next May 14. We originally wanted to book the Dream leaving exactly on May 14. However, after seeing the price, she concluded it was a bit much for a 4 day cruise.

I kept researching, and saw the Dream was also leaving May 11, and being pretty comfortable with the price, I booked it. it is however a 3 day instead of 4. Now the part that's really bothering me, is that the cruise comes back exactly the day of her Bday.

She has not idea this cruise is booked.

I told a friend and they said "too bad she will be back the day of her bday". I thought about it and now I am questioning if paying $500 for and extra day and leaving exactly the day of her bday would be worth it.

What would you do? Really need help

Debarkation can be a hassle. Given a choice I wouldnt like to do it on my birthday. In the big course of things Id spend the extra or look at another cruise line that includes the 14th, or a land based vacation. Disney is not an inexpensive cruise line, you could probably find a 7 day cruise for about the same amount of money.

You could also look at DCL cruises on other ships. In general the older ships are less costly. Of course, next May the Magic is doing Europe and the Wonder is going to Alaska (I think), so that might not be a possibility. Of course, you could do a 7 night Fantasy cruise.....

I have a one track mind, and that track involves more cruise days. Combine this with my lack of personal concern (not knocking others) over exact birthdays, anniversaries, etc, and I'd say to look just a month earlier and for $80 less than the 14 May 4 night you can do a 4 night on 20 April. This means you have $80 (+tax) more in your pocket, a 4 night, and don't get back her b-day. Of course changes in flights (if applicable) may influsence this in either direction as well.

...I'd say to look just a month earlier and for $80 less than the 14 May 4 night you can do a 4 night on 20 April. This means you have $80 (+tax) more in your pocket, a 4 night, and don't get back her b-day.

This would be my thought. And just take out to a nice dinner on actual BD.

• 3 weeks later...