Dessert in the MDR

chloe45

Can you go to the MDR (anytime) and just get dessert? We will be on the first 7 day Regal cruise to the Caribbean where they are introducing the Norman Love desserts. My DH can't sit through a 2-2 1/2 hour dinner. We usually eat at the buffet or specialty restaurant. I want to try as many of the Norman Love desserts as I can.

Patty

First of all you can make the dinner go much faster (1 to 1hr 15 min) just by asking the head waiter & he will pass you request to your waiter when you sit down.

We very often eat in the DR, leave early to catch a show & then return for dessert after the show. There are many time that we eat at the buffet and not see any desserts that look interesting & then go to the DR for ice cream and coffee.

I know nothing about the "Norman Love desserts" but I suspect they come at an additional cost.;)

First of all you can make the dinner go much faster (1 to 1hr 15 min) just by asking the head waiter & he will pass you request to your waiter when you sit down.

We very often eat in the DR, leave early to catch a show & then return for dessert after the show. There are many time that we eat at the buffet and not see any desserts that look interesting & then go to the DR for ice cream and coffee.

I know nothing about the "Norman Love desserts" but I suspect they come at an additional cost.;)

Nope. They are part of the new Princess "Chocolate Journeys" thing. :) Norman Love is a famous "chocolatier" who has created specialty deserts for Princess. They are not supposed to cost any extra.

Nope. They are part of the new Princess "Chocolate Journeys" thing. :) Norman Love is a famous "chocolatier" who has created specialty deserts for Princess. They are not supposed to cost any extra.

Wow. That's a welcome surprise.

After checking the link I see that some of them are complementary.

Wow. That's a welcome surprise.

After checking the link I see that some of them are complementary.

I believe there is no up-charge for the desserts. The drinks and spa treatment have extra an charge. That is only to be expected.

Edited by Thrak

We have always done anytime dining, we always are willing to share any size table, usually are in line just before the MDR opens, and never have taken longer than an hour to an hour and a half to eat. We almost never eat dessert except when we cruise. Then we have dessert almost every evening meal.

We were on the Crown two weeks ago and had Chocolate Journeys desserts on both formal nights. They were incredible and complimentary. I think the dining rooms are worth your trouble for this desserts alone, not to mention the great gelatos they serve that you don't get in the buffet. We always do traditional dining and it usually takes about 1 1/2 hours for the meal for a table of 4 or 6. Ask for a smaller table. It really should not take 2 1/2 hours for the meal service. It can't take 2 1/2 hours in first seating traditional. They have to clear you out for the next group!

Is the Chocolate Journey the Norman Love creations? I had heard that Norman Love was to be introduced on the Regal in Novemeber and then rolled out to all ships in January.

Patty

Yes, the Chocolate Journey desserts were created by Norman Love. They are already rolling them out on the ships. We had the chocolate hazelnut bar and the chocolate pistachio dome on our two formal nights a couple of weeks ago. They also served the chocolate pops at the Captains's events. The desserts were complimentary. They charge for the chocolate drinks and the chocolate spa treatments.

These chocolate desserts were the best I have eaten on Princess. Do not miss them. I can't wait to try more on my upcoming Christmas Cruise.

Edited by Princess Patches

Norman Love just opened a new store couple of weeks ago that is only 3 miles from my house. Just got back from buying chocolates. Norman Love was in the store. I didn't get a chance to talk to him because he was on the phone. They had several of the desserts that will be on the ship in the display case. They looked absolutely yummy!

Patty