Gem Cruise Director

CruiserJoJo

so dan dan will be back on the gem as cruise director when he get back from vacation in about 6weeks.

nacho is being xferred to the Epic when he comes back from vacation. epic is being re-positioned to Barcelona, spain. he'll still be asst cruise director.

guess luz will be gem's new asst CD?

Nacho is being transferred? Best news ever for me! He really got into it with me and several other passengers on the Gem. So much so that Tony, who was subbing for the current hotel director, had to write him up. It was horrible.

found out something interesting...

capt Stephan has 4 1/2 stripes on the shoulders of his uniform.

the staff capt has 4 stripes.

jenny (hotel/restaurant director) has 3 1/2 stripes.

the cruise director (ie: Archie) doesn't wear a uniform, but he is the equivalent of 3 1/2 stripes.

if true then archie is the equivalent to Jenny thus doesn't work for her?

Nacho is being transferred? Best news ever for me! He really got into it with me and several other passengers on the Gem. So much so that Tony, who was subbing for the current hotel director, had to write him up. It was horrible.

what happened?! when? and which cruise?

Archie was great, although laid back that some of the other cruise directors.

Luz on the other hand, we thought was terrible. Truly one of the worst Asst cruise directors we ever had, and usually the Asst CD is the one most visable at the parties and stuff.

So when is Dan Dan back

I am sailing 1/2 and hope he is back

A good CD is a make or break factor with a cruise

OK not really but a good CD makes for a better cruise

Hence Sinan who was the best

Sailed once with an "older"female CD and she was Boring with a capital B

Forgot her name though

found out something interesting...

capt Stephan has 4 1/2 stripes on the shoulders of his uniform.

the staff capt has 4 stripes.

jenny (hotel/restaurant director) has 3 1/2 stripes.

the cruise director (ie: Archie) doesn't wear a uniform, but he is the equivalent of 3 1/2 stripes.

if true then archie is the equivalent to Jenny thus doesn't work for her?

The Cruise Director reports to the Hotel Director.

what happened?! when? and which cruise?

8/2 cruise this summer. We were experiencing sea swells from Bertha and the tendering process was horrible. They just didn't handle it well. Passengers were getting really, really upset and then they called for the next ticket group and people just lost it. I approached him since he was supposed to be handling the crowd and suggested that they not call ticket numbers until things got settled down. He freaked out and got right in my face and screamed (yes, literally) that it was none of my business. I know he was frustrated but I was being very polite and made a suggestion as I didn't want to just complain. Long story short, Tony investigated and the other staff corroborated my story. The whole thing left a very bad taste in my mouth and a huge impression on my teenager. It was handled to my satisfaction and I'm still a big NCL fan but not of him ;)

My sister and I cruised on the Gem last year at this time. Julie was the cruise director and DanDan was the assistant. Nacho was part of the entertainment staff and he was great! We just got off the Gem on the Oct. 26, 2014. DanDan was on vacation until Thanksgiving so we had Archie as our cruise director. Archie was very low key and not very funny. Nacho was also on vacation and it part of the Gem entertainment staff. He's hilarious! DanDan is great and if you have him and you won't be disappointed. Ash, who was on this recent cruise, was hilarious but I don't know his rank on the entertainment staff. This was the second year in a row with Jenny as the hotel director. She actually remembered us! What a great person! Hardest working crew member and yet finds time to talk to everyone. She gave us a free dinner with a bottle of wine at Cagney's. One night it was pouring rain for a deck party and Jenny was out there, using a squeegee along with others to help get the water up once the rain ended. Awesome person! :D

Edited by emilysmom97

So when is Dan Dan back

I am sailing 1/2 and hope he is back

A good CD is a make or break factor with a cruise

OK not really but a good CD makes for a better cruise

Hence Sinan who was the best

Sailed once with an "older"female CD and she was Boring with a capital B

Forgot her name though

DanDan will be back after Thanksgiving....I'm his FB friend. Sinan, I heard on this recent cruise, Oct 18th, that his son passed away suddenly on the Gem so he will never sail again on the Gem. So tragic! People say he is the best!

Edited by emilysmom97

My sister and I cruised on the Gem last year at this time. Julie was the cruise director and DanDan was the assistant. Nacho was part of the entertainment staff and he was great! We just got off the Gem on the Oct. 26, 2014. DanDan was on vacation until Thanksgiving so we had Archie as our cruise director. Archie was very low key and not very funny. Nacho was also on vacation and it part of the Gem entertainment staff. He's hilarious! DanDan is great and if you have him and you won't be disappointed. Ash, who was on this recent cruise, was hilarious but I don't know his rank on the entertainment staff. This was the second year in a row with Jenny as the hotel director. She actually remembered us! What a great person! Hardest working crew member and yet finds time to talk to everyone. She gave us a free dinner with a bottle of wine at Cagney's. One night it was pouring rain for a deck party and Jenny was out there, using a squeegee along with others to help get the water up once the rain ended. Awesome person! :D

why did she offer you a free dinner at cagneys?

DanDan will be back after Thanksgiving....I'm his FB friend. Sinan, I heard on this recent cruise, Oct 18th, that his son passed away suddenly on the Gem so he will never sail again on the Gem. So tragic! People say he is the best!

whats his facebook name? link?

We just got off the Gem this morning and Archie was the CD. We thought he was awesome. It was the first 11 day cruise and there was plenty to do. We also had 2 days of storms with lots of rocking. Archie added other activities so that people could fill up the days. Make sure to go to the staff talent show on the last day. It was great.

Hi - I was on that cruise too. We were on the 5th deck, ocean view picture window and the waves were hitting our window!!!! UGH I was so nervous. Anyway - had a great time - missed going to Tortola but overall was fun.

I don't know DanDan but will pray for him and his family. Worst thing that could ever happen to a parent - I can't even imagine the pain they must be going through.

Sinan is now working for Celebrity Cruises. I was on the Celebrity Summit in August. Big Ken Mills was the CD. Seems Celebrity has a few former NCL CD's