No more comedians'

biker@sea

No more comedian on NCL Dawn .

Can it be true they are being phased out fleet wide ?? :confused:

PLEASE TELL US WHERE YOU HEARD THIS?

Or just an observation, etc?

.. I don't see how they are supposed to save a nickel by using a brand named product. Getting a local comedian I would say is cheaper. ...

Maybe they are cheaper, maybe not. Hard to say.

Marty "NOODLES" Levenstein was on the Dawn in mid August. Very funny !

He hosted an "open mic" comedy hour at Spinnakers on the second to last night. At the end of the show he told us that a good friend of his died that day, and thanked the audience for cheering him up. He then broke down and quickly left the stage, after announcing that it was Robin Williams who died.

I thought that I read that Tim Kaminski was back on board later in the summer.

PLEASE TELL US WHERE YOU HEARD THIS?

Or just an observation, etc?

We heard it from Martin Brock directly who was the Comedian on Breakaway in August. He said his contract was being shortened and that he would be leaving NCL as they were going in a new direction. He sat next to us during the Wine Lover's Musical performance. He was a super nice guy and I thought his act was decent - not the best I've ever seen but still enjoyable.

Marty "NOODLES" Levenstein was on the Dawn in mid August. Very funny !

He hosted an "open mic" comedy hour at Spinnakers on the second to last night. At the end of the show he told us that a good friend of his died that day, and thanked the audience for cheering him up. He then broke down and quickly left the stage, after announcing that it was Robin Williams who died.

I thought that I read that Tim Kaminski was back on board later in the summer.

Unfortunately, Tim was only on for a couple of weeks, then left. When we sailed (with the OP) there was no comedian. Perhaps they just hadn't found a replacement for Tim??

Unfortunately, Tim was only on for a couple of weeks, then left. When we sailed (with the OP) there was no comedian. Perhaps they just hadn't found a replacement for Tim??

Tim goes from ship to ship. He has been on the Jade, Star, Sky, Dawn, and Pride of America, that I know of. Maybe more.

They are the only ones who laugh at their act. Just got off the Gateaway and they had two of the funniest comedians we have ever seen! We book NCL because of their entertainment at sea, they got taken when they booked Second City!

From what I have read recently, the Dawn has a Second City troupe on board. Maybe Second City is the comedic entertainment in lieu of an individual comedian. Thoughts on this?

I believe the relationship NCL had with Second City is what's ending. We enjoyed the Second City shows on the Epic and Breakaway. But when I booked my entertainment for the Getaway yesterday there is no listing for Second City...the comedy is now listed as Levity.

I understand from other posts that Levity is traditional stand up. Most sailings have had 2 commedians that perform early (family friendly) and late (adult only) shows during the week.

Hope this helps!

Edited by happy cruzin

I believe the relationship NCL had with Second City is what's ending. We enjoyed the Second City shows on the Epic and Breakaway. But when I booked my entertainment for the Getaway yesterday there is no listing for Second City...the comedy is now listed as Levity.

I understand from other posts that Levity is traditional stand up. Most sailings have had 2 commedians that perform early (family friendly) and late (adult only) shows during the week.

Hope this helps!

Getaway has never had Second City. It has had Levity since it first sailed. That was kind of what I was pointing out above:

NCL has had Second City for many years. The newest ship, Getaway, does not have Second City but instead Levity Entertainment Group is providing nationally recognized stand up comedy acts. It doesn't really follow that they are moving towards Second City in place of stand up, when the newest ship has moved away from Second City in lieu of stand up.

In addition, Second City is either owned or partnered with LEG, according to Levity's website.

Edited by LrgPizza