Tampa Hotel to Cruise port advice

bbixler18

Hello - 3 of us are currently booked at the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore for the evening prior to our cruise on the NCL Sun. Does anyone have any experience with the shuttle service that will go from this hotel? I'm wondering if it would be better to have a taxi transport us from the hotel to the cruise port. I assume the shuttle will go to various hotels to pick up people and then drop everyone off at the port at a specific time, ie the same time many others are getting there. If we take a taxi, it seems like we would have more control over when we arrive at the port as it would basically be a 'private' transfer at a taxi rate....which I'm thinking will be around $20??

Any advice or personal experience? Thanks!!

Taxi will be closer to $25+tip, which is still likely to be cheaper and faster than any shared shuttle service. The ride takes about 10-15 minutes. The hotel front desk can call for a taxi if there are none waiting when you are ready.

Taxi will be closer to $25+tip, which is still likely to be cheaper and faster than any shared shuttle service. The ride takes about 10-15 minutes. The hotel front desk can call for a taxi if there are none waiting when you are ready.

Thanks!