Type of Stroller to take for 2 kids

hotpinkchica14

Hello, we are going on a cruise in January. I have a 2 and 5 year old. We took my oldest when she was 2 1/2 and it was easy to take an umbrella stroller with us but with having 2 kids this time I'm not sure what to do. My 5 year old unfortunately is not much of a walker. She complains a lot and I feel like having her walk the off/on at ports is going to be to much. I was thinking of getting a sit and stand stroller and taking it it. Well I plan on getting it either way but I don't know if it would be a good option for onboard. Would anyone recommend a sit and stand? Any recommendations for a stroller for 2 kids? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

The only issue with a Sit and Stand is that there usually is no cover for the older child and it's not as comfortable as a regular tandem stroller. But with a 5 year old, it may be a good choice. I used a MacLaren side-by-side umbrella stroller for my twin 5 year olds for ports when we cruised Europe and it was a great choice, but couldn't be used on the ship, so I also brought a single umbrella stroller for on board. As long as the Sit and Stand has the padded seat, that's probably what I would do in your situation.

Best,

Mia

I'm considering just bringing two maclarens (with sunshades). At home we usually just use one and the second kid either walks or is carried, but our kiddos are almost-1 and 3, so it may be different with older kids. I'm curious to see what is suggested, as we've only cruised with ODD before.

I am annoyed that our double side by side won't work on the boat for my 1 and 3 year old since we love it at home. We are going to take two single strollers- city mini and umbrella. On the boat we will most likely just use one of them and one kid will walk. But in the ports we will need 2 seats.

With younger kids, a tandem works wonderfully, and can also work with a older child sitting in front and younger in back. I had a Graco Duoglider that went on many cruises - handled great, fit well and was a comfortable place for tired kids to ride, nap or have a snack while we all kept going. I'm on my own, so didn't have the option of two singles, but that could be a good solution in order to have a smaller stroller for the ship.

All the best,

Mia