LOGISTICS -B2B on different cruise lines departing from the same port

Someone able to help?

Any B2B sailings I did have been on the same vessel / cabin;

however, now I am contemplating a consecutive 'B2B' sailing out of POM on two different cruise lines which are not interconnected and do not share the same terminal.

Though the respective ships are likely moored on terminals one behind the other (based on previous observations) there is nonetheless going to be a considerable walking distance of 2-3 or more docked mega liners to switch from one vessel/terminal to the other.

One option to transition is, using the shuttle service to a Port off site parking garage downtown Miami (and possibly even switch to a clean clothes suitcase to be left in my car) and take the same shuttle back with my luggage to check in with the same day departing cruise ship,

OR?

are internal port OM shuttles available to ferry passengers and their luggage from one arrival terminal to another one for departure........ ?

are hired arrival terminal porters willing / allowed to transfer "kid and caboodle" from one terminal to the next?

regrettably, most taxi drivers flatly refuse to take such short rides ....

has anyone done this before and how ? - aside from walking the distance;

which, unfortunately, I am unable to do - even at moderate temperatures .......

any relevant suggestion or advise is greatly appreciated;

Thanks so much.

If you cannot do the walk you really have two options; taxi between ships or a taxi to a nearby hotel as you mentioned.

If the two ships are next to one another and you cannot walk it ask the cruise line to have a wheelchair for you which is provided by the local port and you could have someone wheel you between ships and a porter move your luggage and just tip both of them nicely for their extra efforts. If you are in terminals that are not on the same side of the road then take a taxi.

Keith

We are doing a B2B2B out of Port Everglades. The first segment is on Regal Princess, the remainder on Nieuw Amsterdam. They will probably be docked a fair distance from each other so we plan on taking a cab between the two. If the cabbie doesn't want to do it as it is such a short distance, we plan on saying we will pay him off meter, probably offer him $15 which is what an airport run would cost us. It would mean he could drop us off and be back in the taxi line quickly, and pick up another person.

That's our plan. Fingers crossed that it works.

You could probably do the same. It would be worth spending a few dollars for the convenience of it.

Keep in mind that you will have some time to kill, since you'll be off the first ship before you can check in at the second ship.

If you are driving to port, the shuttle to your car and a luggage swap might be the easiest.

If not, a taxi to a downtown hotel, a cup of coffee in Starbucks while the bell stand keeps your bags, and a taxi back to the ship at 11am might be easiest.

Keep in mind that you will have some time to kill, since you'll be off the first ship before you can check in at the second ship.

If you are driving to port, the shuttle to your car and a luggage swap might be the easiest.

If not, a taxi to a downtown hotel, a cup of coffee in Starbucks while the bell stand keeps your bags, and a taxi back to the ship at 11 am might be easiest.

:):):) Thanks so much for chiming in; - after mulling over the issue, I now realize that it is probably the simplest to shuttle to the car, refresh perhaps Mineral Water supplies or even drive for a quick lunch to a LITTLE HAVANA neighborhood place before shuttling back to port for the next ship on which I now also found a reasonable rate for the following week as another B2B, but this time, - on the same vessel - with different ports -

hoping desperately for better cruising weather than the perpetual off and on rain showers our Pacific Northwest coast is 'blessed' with since almost a week,....

..... blaming Hurricane Ana's aftermath ..:rolleyes:..

• 2 weeks later...
Versailles Restaurant is the most famous Cuban restaurant in Miami.

thank you, we love the Versailles - but are also very fond of our tourist free accidental find when:

... searching for a unique lunch place in 'Little Havana' , Miami. Fl., we found exactly what we were looking for ....... excellent variety of native flavorful food ....

"our kind of hole in the wall"

p.s. no idea any more where exactly it is located, need to find it on the internet before going there again - (did search for it 'aimlessly' last time without success - but, I am sure its still there - was too good to go under ....)

135455_1243062294585_5749257_o.jpg.4e68bebf3f94c540dfe0329b5d4e617a.jpg

thank you, we love the Versailles - but are also very fond of our tourist free accidental find when:

... searching for a unique lunch place in 'Little Havana' , Miami. Fl., we found exactly what we were looking for ....... excellent variety of native flavorful food ....

"our kind of hole in the wall"

p.s. no idea any more where exactly it is located, need to find it on the internet before going there again - (did search for it 'aimlessly' last time without success - but, I am sure its still there - was too good to go under ....)

found address:

1226 SW 8th St, Miami, Florida, 33135-4004

Phone number

(305) 854-4401