Meet &Greet: Inviting the officers

PotatoBug

I'm hosting the Star Nov. 24th Hawaii cruise Meet & Greet. I emailed the Star Onboard Service Coordinator and she has supplied me with all the Officers names along with the Hotel General Mgr, Food & Beverage Mgr, Executive Housekeeper, Customer Service Director(Purser) and Captain's Circle Host. I had the Coordinator set up a second Meet & Greet for our Farewell and Hawaiian Novelty Gift Exchange. Two days later she emails me a "Group Venue Summary" with the Voyage #9430, that is also sent to the ship confirming two Meet & Greets, location, times, dates, No Host Bar, how many people attending, if there is a unit Cost, which my shows zero dollars and in the Remarks Column: "Invite Officers to Attend". I will also deliver to the Purser, 15 invitations with their Name Tags w/plastic hangers. At the Meet & Greet, I will have Blanks Name Tags and hangers to give out. Then the FUN starts.

• 1 year later...
The actual names for many of these people are in the embarkation day Patter.

Just get the Patter and finishing the addressing on the invite and the envelope and hand them, in at the Purser's desk.

That's my plan for our M&G on our CP cruise in April.

Does anyone have a sample of the invitation wording? Just looking for ideas!

Thanks in advance!!

• 3 months later...

Hi this is also my first attempt at the Meet & Greet. We have attended a few through the years and I hope to have a good time with this. We have 104 signed up but we all know if 2/3 come it will be great. Heck if a handful of the folk's from our roll call show up it would be great. We have a wonderful bunch of folk's on this cruise.

I'm with Susan and am at a loss for the wording on an invite.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi this is also my first attempt at the Meet & Greet. We have attended a few through the years and I hope to have a good time with this. We have 104 signed up but we all know if 2/3 come it will be great. Heck if a handful of the folk's from our roll call show up it would be great. We have a wonderful bunch of folk's on this cruise.

Thanks

I have used:

You are invited

to our

Cruisecritic

Meet & Greet

December 20, 2015

2-3 pm

Skywalkers

Please stop by if you can

and

visit with us

and also

Please Join Us

for the

CruiseCritic

Meet & Greet

April 5, 2016

2 pm

Club 6

We are a friendly bunch and

We look forward to meeting you!!!

Thanks

I have a couple of letter templates in Word that I would be happy to share with me is you care to send me an email at the address below.

I buy a packet of party invites at our local dollar store. I think I get 8 for a buck. I get 2 packets and have a few left over. I fill in all the info at home before I leave. I take the names of the officers from the patter when we board and add them to the envelopes. I drop them at the front desk on my way to the embarkation lunch

Additionally, I always send thank you notes to those Officers & Staff that did attend our M&G. A couple of them remarked how surprised & pleased that they received a thank you! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I need to do invitations to the officers for our M & G in June. How many do I need to do? I know that there are others to include but I have no idea how many total.

<<<Karen>>>

I invite about 10 or 12. Occasionally an extra if I know someone who will be on board.

I think it's the polite thing to do to send an actual invite to the officers. I brought a package of really nice invitations onboard with me last March and the first day, I wrote out the invitations along with a personal note to each officer listed in the embarkation day Patter. Six came, almost all of them holding the invite. I think it made a difference.

I had really nice nautical themed invitation mad by Vista Print...

We gave them in at the reception desk! We'll see tomorrow who shows up

I have used:

You are invited

to our

Cruisecritic

Meet & Greet

December 20, 2015

2-3 pm

Skywalkers

Please stop by if you can

and

visit with us

and also

Please Join Us

for the

CruiseCritic

Meet & Greet

April 5, 2016

2 pm

Club 6

We are a friendly bunch and

We look forward to meeting you!!!

Thank you we are a friendly bunch also :).

I always order a microphone and am charged $10.00.

Most of the time the CD takes it and uses it or hands it to the Captain etc. I decided why should I be charged for this so on the next two M&G I haven't ordered one. Both have under 50 people so shouldn't really need one. Princess shouldn't charge and really not fair to someone who takes the time to order, organize, do name tags etc and then have to pay.

I fully agree. I have organized several Meet and Greets and paid for the microphone. I have always resented that $10, but when I speak to the Hotel Manager I am told it is "Princess Policy." Talk about nickel and diming.

I fully agree. I have organized several Meet and Greets and paid for the microphone. I have always resented that $10, but when I speak to the Hotel Manager I am told it is "Princess Policy." Talk about nickel and diming.

It's funny I have been told about the charge but have never had the charge appear on my account.

This is the first time I'm hosting a M&G. What should I know !!! Any tips to get the party started? It will be at 10am!!!

All suggestions welcome.

Just arrive early and be ready to greet all that are in the room, mine was Skywalkers. I talked to everyone just sitting in the area admiring the scenery. Whether they were there to join the M & G or not, I asked if they would like to join us. The more the merrier.

Before the M & G on Cruise Critic I suggested that we bring a small item to represent the State or Country we were from and could exchange just one or two items. If you brought an item you got to exchange--if not; then one did not join in the exchange. That was fun. We also, did a Cabin Crawl--do a group tour of other cabins so we could see what it was like to sty in a window cabin, aft wit huge balcony, inside cabin, a family suite, etc...we only saw the cabins that our group shared. We had light snacks and purchased your beverage or not.

Plan on about 2 hours. We had 2 officers attend, on Sunday morning.