Ncl sale

1tarheel78

It irritates me because I booked a last minute cruise last night that would have qualified for this sale. I'm a bit grumpy, I would have loved the free dining :)

It took a couple of phone calls and alot of waiting to get a room upgrade on the Epic for Nov 9th, I booked early and after paying it off watched prices steadily drop but eventually they gave me the upgrade equivalent to my initial payment. It isn't free dinner but maybe you can score a deal that way!

It took a couple of phone calls and alot of waiting to get a room upgrade on the Epic for Nov 9th, I booked early and after paying it off watched prices steadily drop but eventually they gave me the upgrade equivalent to my initial payment. It isn't free dinner but maybe you can score a deal that way!

Yeah if I don't hear something from my email by tomorrow. I may have to make a few phone calls, it wouldn't hurt at least. This is our first time on NCL and I was about to add on the UDP when I saw this promotion. Haha now I'm in limbo about what to do I guess.

Yeah if I don't hear something from my email by tomorrow. I may have to make a few phone calls, it wouldn't hurt at least. This is our first time on NCL and I was about to add on the UDP when I saw this promotion. Haha now I'm in limbo about what to do I guess.

If you don't mind can you let us know the outcome of this? I'm interested to see how NCL handles their guarantee.

Gracias.

hope they will take care of you by phone, because once you get on board the NCL crew is the best!

I booked way early and also have seen the prices fall. I booked without OBC or upgrades. Today, I called NCL to see if they would be willing to offer us anything...something! Their answer was NO! Nothing toward an upgrade, no OBC..not even a discount on the dining package. Maybe I should not feel this way, but I do feel cheated to some extent.

I booked way early and also have seen the prices fall. I booked without OBC or upgrades. Today, I called NCL to see if they would be willing to offer us anything...something! Their answer was NO! Nothing toward an upgrade, no OBC..not even a discount on the dining package. Maybe I should not feel this way, but I do feel cheated to some extent.

I asked after the final payment and price drop what was the benefit of booking early, I was then given the room upgrade equivalent to my original payment. I have read no cruise lines do the OBC or upgrade any longer. I was nice about it and asked what was more important getting my money this one cruise or a repeat customer. Eventually after two calls they felt like a repeat customer was more beneficial. I did deal with same consultant each time and she was great, she realized she would benefit also.

Are you within your final payment time period?

I just got $165 on board credit for my April 12 Epic sailing :D Are the credits in $US in the account summary?

My agent was trying to tell me (via the NCL agent) that my cruise cost would go up $43 CDN with this promo. I said ah, no. It's the same price on the NCL website. Anyways, the NCL agent didn't type in the Canadian Resident Rate!

Geesh, how annoying that I even know what my price should be!

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

I just got $165 on board credit for my April 12 Epic sailing :D Are the credits in $US in the account summary?

My agent was trying to tell me (via the NCL agent) that my cruise cost would go up $43 CDN with this promo. I said ah, no. It's the same price on the NCL website. Anyways, the NCL agent didn't type in the Canadian Resident Rate!

Geesh, how annoying that I even know what my price should be!

Us Bluenosers can drive a hard bargain.

Got an e-mail in to my TA... final payment still 3 weeks away, let's see how she goes. (My TA is great.)

My cruise departs in 10 days, and I paid in full when it was booked several months ago. By the way...I booked directly with NCL, and called back a second time today to speak with another agent. She let me know that it would be the same answer as it was earlier today.....NO! I would probably be OK if NCL placed the same standards for everyone, but it is apparent that they do not; as many folks on this site have stated that NCL did something for them. Both of the NCL agents I spoke with today advised me that it was NCL's policy, due to the fact my cruise was within 75 days of sailing and the offer was for new bookings only. I also realize that one gets farther being courteous, but no dice here!

Just got this back:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your cruise fare under our Best Price Guarantee Program. We have reviewed your reservation and found that unfortunately, it is not eligible to receive the lower advertised fare due to the below reasons:

• The price reduction does not apply to guarantee offer.

• The claim must be submitted at least 7 days prior to sailing.

Oh well :(

We had booked Monday. I was able to call back through CAS and "rebook" the same rooms with the dining credits. Not worth it to get the 10% since we are already going at the "comped" rate...... :) Win-Win for our group (including 3 first timers).

Two of my buddies are going through CAS...they were told they could not get anything either. They paid a couple hundred each to upgrade to a balcony..which is not bad. NCL told them if they canceled now, it would be subject to huge penalties and cost more than what was booked. Strange how this is working, and how some are getting amenities while others are not. I would be interested in hearing why NCL decided to give you the dining package when the sail date is so close.

We had booked Monday. I was able to call back through CAS and "rebook" the same rooms with the dining credits. Not worth it to get the 10% since we are already going at the "comped" rate...... :) Win-Win for our group (including 3 first timers).

Just wondering...since the CAS offered free oceanview, and new offer states free balcony upgrades, shouldnt you be entitled to balcony cabin and the dining package?

I just booked monday as well. Trying to get something out of it. I'll be kinda annoyed if they won't do anything for me with the sale so close to my booking.

Same with me, I booked last Thursday. They said no extras for me other than the $50.00 OBC I have already.

Can you negotiate or complain to get the dinner promotion? This is my first cruise and not sure how it works.

Same with me, I booked last Thursday. They said no extras for me other than the $50.00 OBC I have already.

Can you negotiate or complain to get the dinner promotion? This is my first cruise and not sure how it works.

when do you sail?

Am I missing a point here or not? If you book a cruise or anything else for that matter, you know what you are getting and what it costs. You must be happy about that price. If the price moves either up or down, you still get what you have paid for. If you buy a car on a Friday and the day after a sale takes place, and the price is lower it is just hard luck. On many occassions, the price of a cruise increases and you have a better deal. Is it not called swings and roundabouts? (or do they not have those in USA)