San Pedro

NauticalNelle

Not correct. We get there early and wait in the Elite area.

We don't board the ship until it has cleared and cabins ready.

If we get there at 10:30, generally don't board until noon or sometimes later.

On rare ocassions, have been on board by 11:30

Edited by san diego sue

Not correct. We get there early and wait in the Elite area.

We don't board the ship until it has cleared and cabins ready.

If we get there at 10:30, generally don't board until noon or sometimes later.

On rare ocassions, have been on board by 11:30

I guess I should have defined "early enough." The last three times I've sailed out of San Pedro, I have been on the ship before noon. I guess the embarkation gods like me. ;)

If you invite someone to see you off, tour the ship, have lunch with you and be part of the BVE [bon Voyage Experience], you get to be the first to board along with any bridal parties that may be boarding. You get top preference over Elite.

We were at the dock at 10:45 and boarded at 11:35. Allowing for dropping off our bags, parking the car, lining up going through security and registration, that's pretty darn good.

At $39.00 p/p it's almost worth inviting someone to come onboard with you. I invited a family of 3 to join me....it was a lot of fun for them to see a cruise ship. They've never cruised before and got a big kick out of the dining room for lunch and then a walk around the ship.

Hi, this will be our first time sailing out of San Pedro. Do they have a Platinum/Elite Lounge? thanks

This seems to depend on who is directing things that day in San Pedro. On my most recently sailing, I was told the priority line was for Platinum and Elites, but the lounge was for Elite only. On other sailings, Platinums have been allowed in the lounge also.

Personally, the Elite/Platinum lounge at San Pedro is nothing to write home about. I thought it was a waste of time.:)

The only value I see is that recently, the lounge has been reserved for elites only (enforced, too) and they board the lounge right after the BVE and/or weddings. Platinum members wait in a different area and are boarded after the Elites.

The only value I see is that recently, the lounge has been reserved for elites only (enforced, too) and they board the lounge right after the BVE and/or weddings. Platinum members wait in a different area and are boarded after the Elites.

Isn't it also for full suite passengers as well?:)

Not correct! Checking in early will make the wait longer!

We have been through this. Check earlier in the thread. I guess we could go through it again, though, if it's so important to you.

I guess I should have defined "early enough." The last three times I've sailed out of San Pedro, I have been on the ship before noon. I guess the embarkation gods like me. ;)

Does that make you happy?

Hi, this will be our first time sailing out of San Pedro. Do they have a Platinum/Elite Lounge? thanks

Lounge was just for elites and not for platinums earlier this month when I boarded. The lounge was practically deserted by comparison to the previous time I went through San Pedro and platinums were allowed in the lounge. Back then, you could not find an empty seat. They have too many platinum passengers now to accommodate them in the lounge.

I was on the Golden last week. I am platinum and was directed to a roped off waiting area with a boarding pass. Since we had arrived early we had the lowest platinum boarding pass and so we boarded immediately after the elite at 12:50 PM. I was onboard a little after 1:00.