Toddler and a tub ??

shellseroni

This is the first time we're bringing our little one with us on a cruise. She is three years old. Our room will not have a tub and someone mentioned bringing an inflatable one with us. Just curious if anyone out there has tried this and if they have any brands they would suggest. If it makes any difference, but we'll be in an OV room (with french doors) on Carnival Miracle (Spirit class). TIA!!

Responses I've gotten from another thread (in case anyone here is curious for their own little ones).

-Carnival ships use hand held shower heads and most people with toddlers just use that for them.

-Inflatable bathtubs are very awkward and do not really fit in shower stall. In other words: too much hassle and not enough pay off.

-If planning to use shower for toddler, definitely do this at home first so the kid isn't terrified of the ship's shower.

-Most kids did well and actually enjoyed taking a shower "like a grown up".

From this information, looks like I won't even bother with buying and packing the inflatable. I just hope it all works out. :)

We brought the Inflatable Duck tub made by Munchkin. You can buy it at Toy R Us, Amazon and probably Target. It worked fantastically well and I would certainly recommend it if your kid won't do showers. I can't speak to the shower size on Carnival but I sense that most bathrooms in standard rooms across all lines are somewhat standard. If that's the case it should fit no problem. We we're on Celebrity and Royal and used this tub on both trips.

We used the duck too with out LO. Used it on the balcony, worked very well. We also brought it to the pool deck and he had a place to splash too. We will do it again on our next cruise next summer too.

D-Train, in regards to bringing to duck tub to the pool deck, where/how did you empty the water from it once you were finished using it?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by ej22ndrow