New steakhouse selections in MDR

BrwnEyedGirl35

Ships serve whole lobster now?

They sure do! We sailed on the Imagination (4-nighter) in Aug this year, and it had the new menus. On those menus were some steakhouse selections for an upcharge. We saw quite a few people with the lobsters, and my husband's step-dad ordered the $20-extra NY strip. He said it was one of the best steaks he'd had in years. I didn't have any, but it really did look fantastic. I quite like the idea - especially for ships like the Imagination with no steakhouse.

Ships that do 4 and 5 day itineraries have their own set of menus. Some dishes will be common, some won't. Same with ships that do 3 and 4 day itineraries.

That's what I figured. Anyone ever seen the menus for the 4 day western itinerary for the Victory??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I were on The Carnival Pride a few weeks ago and we ordered the Steakhouse Selections in the Main Dining Room. My wife didn't like her filet. It didn't look good and she said it wasn't very good. I had the whole lobster and loved it. Sitting here wishing I had one. Haha, might have to go on another cruise and get one.

My wife and I were on The Carnival Pride a few weeks ago and we ordered the Steakhouse Selections in the Main Dining Room. My wife didn't like her filet. It didn't look good and she said it wasn't very good. I had the whole lobster and loved it. Sitting here wishing I had one. Haha, might have to go on another cruise and get one.

For $20, I wouldn't hesitate to send it back if it wasn't right.

Does anyone have the picture of the whole lobster? I have only seen a picture of the surf and turf. I didn't know you could freeze a whole lobster then cook it. Only seen them live.

I did see one picture on CC. As I recall it was a whole tail and two claws. Maybe more. As presented on the plate.

I am certain there is not a tank on display where you can pick your lobster.

Ordered the NY Strip on the Magic on 9/28/14 cruise. It was lobster night and I do not eat shellfish. This medium rare steak was cooked to absolute perfection and was an excellent cut of meat. On my scale of 1 to 10, the flat iron steak is about a 2.4 and this NY Strip was a solid 8.7. I would recommend this option to anyone that truly appreciates good steak.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app