Cagneys Shareholder Benefit

conandrob240

Right, you basically get a $60 nonrefundable onboard credit to use as you choose plus a bottle of wine. Again, this was what happened on Epic last week ...not sure if it is the policy fleetwide.

When I originally called to submit my OBC info, I was told I would have a certificate for 2 Cagney's dinners plus a bottle of wine that would need to be presented at Cagney's.

• 1 month later...
Right, you basically get a $60 nonrefundable onboard credit to use as you choose plus a bottle of wine. Again, this was what happened on Epic last week ...not sure if it is the policy fleetwide.

When I originally called to submit my OBC info, I was told I would have a certificate for 2 Cagney's dinners plus a bottle of wine that would need to be presented at Cagney's.

If you get the Cagneys shareholder benefit with a certificate does that mean you cannot book your reservation until you get onboard?

As blcruising stated, I can confirm (experienced now on two ships - Breakaway in August and Epic in December) that you simply get a $60 non-refundable OBC and a bottle of wine delivered to your room. You can use that OBC wherever you'd like whether it be for dinner (anywhere), shopping, etc. If you book Cagney's before boarding, you'll need to pay in advance so I would suggest reserving on board if you specifically want to use the OBC. If not, go ahead and book / pay in advance and use the $60 on board for something else.

I'm glad that NCL is now offering this option for shareholders and I sincerely hope the stock continues to perform well, too! :D

Yes, this info is correct. We just returned from a great Gem ten day sailing. We couldn't get the Shareholder's Benefit I requested because we had an AARP rate.

However, the Cagney's $60 non-refundable OBC was in put into our record. Since we are both Platinum, we had already enjoyed two dinners for two in specialty restaurants.

So...I bought a beautiful necklace in the gift shop for $62. It cost me $2!

This thread solved the mystery about the extra bottle of wine in our cabin. It didn't come with a card so we didn't know who had sent it. It would be a good idea for the Shareholder's Dept. to include a note.

• 1 year later...

Found this at the very last page and the very last posting, some 300+ pages back. Thought it might be of interest to anyone soon sailing who also might own 100 shares of NCL stock.................as I do.

I was not aware of this but will follow up. I sail in two weeks on the GEM. Any additional benefit will be most welcomed.

Found this at the very last page and the very last posting, some 300+ pages back. Thought it might be of interest to anyone soon sailing who also might own 100 shares of NCL stock.................as I do.

I was not aware of this but will follow up. I sail in two weeks on the GEM. Any additional benefit will be most welcomed.

Thanks....but you should have left it there. Things have changed in the past year.

Just so you know, we were on the Jewel in December and I received $100 Shareholder OBC even though we had the UBP (beverage package) as a promo.