Cagneys Shareholder Benefit

conandrob240

Will this be a certificate in the cabin? Is it transferable to another couple? ( thinking about giving it my sister and her husband rather than us use it)

And can it changed? Meaning, can I pick somewhere other than Cagneys? If so, could it be Ocean Blue and I just pay the difference?

I never understood the specificity of these and the platinum benefit- why not just let people use them wherever they want?

I can't comment on the Cagney's shareholder benefit, but the platinum benefit can be used in any specialty restaurant that has an upcharge less than or equal to LeBistro. Since both my wife and I are entitled to the benefit we generally have one dinner in LeBistro and one in Moderno...but if we wanted to we could also choose to eat in the Italian or Chinese restaurants. Perhaps you can do the same with the Cagney's benefit.

I agree with it being limited to the recipient...you're the one who earned the reward. However, we have taken another couple to LeBistro with us and used both certificates. That is permitted.

Edited by njhorseman

Although we do not sail until later in November, I did check our Amenity Confirmation pages and it lists "Cagney's" and Item "#1358" (of a listed value of $25.30 which I assume is the bottle of house wine) and the delivery day as "day 1 in cabin". Again, I will assume this will be waiting in our suite for us on the day we board. However, we will be bringing along our printed Amenity Confirmation pages to make certain we receive this as an NCL Shareholder. We enjoy Cagney's and will likely not ask to dine elsewhere.

If we sail before you, and I can remember to do so (!) I can return to this post and answer your questions.

Definitely bring your amenity confirmation. We are both Platinum and shareholders and returned on the Dawn this morning. For the Platinum dinners, we were given vouchers to present; hence, there were no problems. But with the shareholder dinner, although it was listed in the amenities, we were actually followed out the restaurant door by the waiter who thought we were trying to get out without acknowledging the charge as he had not brought us anything to sign, even though we had explained the situation to him up front. This morning, sure enough, we had been charged for the dinners. I went to Guest Services immediately and tried to make them understand. I presented the amenity confirmation and feel that the issue is resolved,but we will see on the credit card statement. I'm not sure I will even request this Cagney's meal again. Who wants to end a vacation with a problem? The wine was in our cabin at embarkation, by the way.

Definitely bring your amenity confirmation. We are both Platinum and shareholders and returned on the Dawn this morning. For the Platinum dinners, we were given vouchers to present; hence, there were no problems. But with the shareholder dinner, although it was listed in the amenities, we were actually followed out the restaurant door by the waiter who thought we were trying to get out without acknowledging the charge as he had not brought us anything to sign, even though we had explained the situation to him up front. This morning, sure enough, we had been charged for the dinners. I went to Guest Services immediately and tried to make them understand. I presented the amenity confirmation and feel that the issue is resolved,but we will see on the credit card statement. I'm not sure I will even request this Cagney's meal again. Who wants to end a vacation with a problem? The wine was in our cabin at embarkation, by the way.

The wine in your cabin should not have been the wine associated with Cagney's. THAT wine you choose from the Complimentary Wine List, when you are at dinner.

Last cruise (on the Star) I had to go to Guest Services with my printout of the confirmation from Shareholder Services, and they said that when I wanted to go to Cagney's, they'd let the Maitre d'hotel know and everything would be fine.

This time I have requested that the send me an Amenity Confirmation, for my two upcoming cruises, and they have sent me them. I've printed those out too....like the poster prior, they list the Cagney's for two, and a charge for $25.30 which is likely the wine.

Stephen

The wine in your cabin should not have been the wine associated with Cagney's. THAT wine you choose from the Complimentary Wine List, when you are at dinner.

Last cruise (on the Star) I had to go to Guest Services with my printout of the confirmation from Shareholder Services, and they said that when I wanted to go to Cagney's, they'd let the Maitre d'hotel know and everything would be fine.

This time I have requested that the send me an Amenity Confirmation, for my two upcoming cruises, and they have sent me them. I've printed those out too....like the poster prior, they list the Cagney's for two, and a charge for $25.30 which is likely the wine.

Stephen

We experienced some problem getting our complimentary cagney dinner credited to our account in spite of having a note from the investors dept. Guest services had to email the Miami office to confirm. The official note was not "accepted" at face value.To make a long story short we did end up getting the charge reverse eventually after some frustating back and forth with guest services. It was "chalked" to being a relatively new benefits and there were still some "bugs" in the system.

On our sailing (it was the Sun in Sept) we got the wine delivered in our cabin and I understand we could have it exchanged to another similar bottle at the restaurant. We were told we will be charged as normal (which we were) and accounting will issue an equivalent credit (which did happen as reported above).

The investor department (who was great-no problem there) has assured me that this miscommunication wont happen again. I will be on the Star with the same benefits in 30 days. I will indeed bring my confirmation letter with me and hopefully I wont have to go through the same problem I encountered on the Sun.

Can you get this benefit more than once, or is it a one-time thing?

you can get this benefit for every sailing of 7+ days. Please see below:

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 Days or More.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less.

This exclusive benefit is reserved solely for shareholders owning a minimum of 100 shares of Norwegian Cruise

Line Holdings Ltd. at time of sailing. Offer valid for any Norwegian Cruise Line vacation, excluding charter sailings.

Additional terms and conditions apply.* To redeem this special offer, simply complete the attached Shareholder

Benefit Request Form and mail, email or fax (with accompanying documentation) request at least 15 days prior

*Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit

is not combinable with any other offer. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. The Shareholder must own the Norwegian

Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at time of

sailing and may not be used towards on board service charges or pre-purchased activities. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double

occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any

one sailing.

Can you get this benefit more than once, or is it a one-time thing?

you can get this benefit for every sailing of 7+ days. Please see below:

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 Days or More.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less.

This exclusive benefit is reserved solely for shareholders owning a minimum of 100 shares of Norwegian Cruise

Line Holdings Ltd. at time of sailing. Offer valid for any Norwegian Cruise Line vacation, excluding charter sailings.

Additional terms and conditions apply.* To redeem this special offer, simply complete the attached Shareholder

Benefit Request Form and mail, email or fax (with accompanying documentation) request at least 15 days prior

*Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit

is not combinable with any other offer. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer.

hence the dinner for 2 + wine at Cagney if you have OBC already.

The Shareholder must own the Norwegian

Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at time of

sailing and may not be used towards on board service charges or pre-purchased activities. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double

occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any

one sailing.

The wines we selected from a wine list in the restaurants were associated with the dinners we received for the Platinum Latitudes benefit. The wine in the cabin was not accompanied by a note , so and I called to confirm that this was the shareholder wine. They told me I could exchange it for another type, white or red. We had the same promo in May,and at that time, we had no issues with the Cagney's meal and did not have to present any confirmation. I also had the $25.30 on my amenities list. Same ship, different results. This time, it was a struggle to get them to understand what I was talking about.

So, if I have no OBC already, I get $100. If I have ANY? OBC I get Cagneys for two plus wine? Any other "other benefit" rules? I used my MasterCard points for a double cross meta upgrade on our Panama Canal cruise....if that doesn't keepnme from gettig the benefit I might buy Norwegian stock with my Roth IRA purchase this year

Forgive me for not keeping up, but t the IPO I didn't think there was a share holders benefit offered. I take it is now a dinner and a bottle of wine? How many shares to qualify?

This is the first I'm hearing about it, too, Clay.

Apparently I'm living under a rock. :o

Thanks, gerry1.10!

Big DITTO on that Thanks to Gerry 1.10 :)

I've got Ultimate Dining on my upcoming NCL sailing, so it won't really come in handy at all, but will be potentially beneficial for future ones.

So, if I have no OBC already, I get $100. If I have ANY? OBC I get Cagneys for two plus wine? Any other "other benefit" rules? I used my MasterCard points for a double cross meta upgrade on our Panama Canal cruise....if that doesn't keepnme from gettig the benefit I might buy Norwegian stock with my Roth IRA purchase this year

Clay, here is the Norwegian link to their Investor Relation page

http://www.investor.ncl.com/

On the right side of the page you can see links to the FAQ's and the Shareholder Benefit Request form.

I've been on three NCL cruises since I bought stock and haven't used the benefit but the good news is the stock has increased in value :) We're also booked using double cross meta upgrade (Dawn next October). I will send in a request this week and let you know if I'm successful - they may well say the switch from cheap inside to aft facing balcony for 60,000 points makes the Shareholder benefit not combinable. Will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd come back and post how the shareholder benefit was applied on my 11/2 Breakaway cruise. There was a bottle of red wine in the stateroom. It wasn't the typical in room wine but an upgraded Chilean wine. It was definitely the shareholder wine because I had two other bottles of champagne that were identified as other benefits ( suite & travel agent).

Then, my on board account reflected two $30 OBC. We never ate in Cagneys yet I retained that benefit towards whatever else we purchased.

Just thought I'd come back and post how the shareholder benefit was applied on my 11/2 Breakaway cruise. There was a bottle of red wine in the stateroom. It wasn't the typical in room wine but an upgraded Chilean wine. It was definitely the shareholder wine because I had two other bottles of champagne that were identified as other benefits ( suite & travel agent).

Then, my on board account reflected two $30 OBC. We never ate in Cagneys yet I retained that benefit towards whatever else we purchased.

wow! thats pretty good. so essentially you get a $60 OBC and no need to have dinner at Cagney's. did not realise that.

thanks

Yes, this is what happened on the Epic last week. Bottle of red in stateroom plus $60 OBC on my account.

wow! thats pretty good. so essentially you get a $60 OBC and no need to have dinner at Cagney's. did not realise that.

thanks

then why not take the $100 obc instead of cagneys + wine benefit?

Edited by fstuff1