Price Reduction Submission

peikris

Yes, they will let you know but here's the phone number if you want to call. 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70355. They kept denying mine and I had to call them every time. They weren't looking at the senior rate even though I had listed it on my form. :)

Yes, they will let you know but here's the phone number if you want to call. 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70355. They kept denying mine and I had to call them every time. They weren't looking at the senior rate even though I had listed it on my form. :)

On two of my recent price drops, I've had to call that # and finally received the price drops.

There seems to be a problem with Carnival's price drop submission format. I was denied at first too, called, and then got the OBC. I asked if I had filled out the form incorrectly and was told, "no." The person I spoke with said they didn't know why I was denied. They need to get that issue straightened out. A bug in their system that works to their benefit reflects poorly on them, whether intentional, or unintentional.

When I booked this cruise my PVP told me that she would let me know when there was a price drop...I never heard back from her after I booked, but when I check the fare viewer every price is cheaper than what I paid! I can't figure it out...guess I should cruise more!

When I booked this cruise my PVP told me that she would let me know when there was a price drop...I never heard back from her after I booked, but when I check the fare viewer every price is cheaper than what I paid! I can't figure it out...guess I should cruise more!

typically no one is going to tell you when there is a price drop. you need to check. people check every day or every week but its really up to you to check and to submit the form

I usually get a response within an hour, even on weekends or in the middle of the night. That said, most have been denials.

The first time I got approved instantly. For the second drop, I was rejected 3 times and then approved the 4 th. This last time I was denied twice, and the sale was ending, so I called. The rep said she couldn't figure out why the system was denying it, and she approved it quickly. I now have over $900 in obc.

Moral of the story: be persistent. If you get denied, keep trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I too submitted a request on Monday and have not heard back. I did use Chrome so that was a good tip there could be a problem submitting with it.

I called and they (nicely) would not look into it, they asked that I submit again. I didn't tell them anything about Chrome etc.... just that I submitted. So I used Explorer now and will see what happens. It's a price reduction of $200 X two rooms so I'll be persistent.

Well that was quick! Using Explorer instead of Chrome at least got an email response, so follow the tip given and use Explorer. (Or perhaps another browser)

I was rejected so called the number and within minutes had the reduction given.

Edited by Tampa8

I used Explorer and heard back in less than an hour, thanks for the tip! I was denied but the prices advertised are still lower than what I paid. I think I'll call for an explanation then I'm sure it will be clear as mud! Thanks for all of the great advice.

i recently sent in a price protection form and it was quickly declined. it stated the sale price was higher then my booking price. it was the first time i had one declined. on the bottom of the declined letter it had an email address for early saver. i sent an email explaining that i was entitled to the discount under early saver guidelines and sent attachments of the screen shots. one of my booking information, one with a mock booking showing a cheaper fare for same 8k category and showing the same taxes and fees. and i also sent one with a screen shot of the fare viewer showing the free upgrade price. i got the price reduction in 48 hours. i wonder how many people get the rejection letter and don't pursue it further.

I submitted a form on Wednesday this week (for the Halloween sale) and never got a response, no denial, nothing. I used IE. Finally called and the woman put me on hold for quite a while, said they did receive it, I would get a confirmation on Monday. Interesting that I didn't get a "it's being processed" email back as I always did before. No explanation when I called either.

Be sure and know the expiration date of your new rate. I submitted the price reduction form, not knowing that my pvp had sent me the wrong link. I never heard back from anyone, and each time I called I was told it must be in processing. On the very last day, my pvp figured out the problem and I received my acceptance letter within a few hours. So don't assume that they will let you know if there is a problem with your initial submission.