What is the difference between A1 and A2 on Equinox?

txflood33

For us it comes down to location. We have sailed in both A1 and A2. My favorite location is Center/Aft. But on our last cruise in Aqua the A1 cabins were less than A2. So we tried the A1 cabin 1600 on Solstice. The room was fine. We just like being more Aft near the Aft stairs.

The differences are

Sometimes and most times the price of those in AQ1 are more. You may catch a deal where they are the same price or possibly less during a special promo.

AQ1 is under the large overhang and has a few balconies on the slanted area where the balconies are larger.

AQ1 has more shade and is protected from the elements better.

AQ2 will have more direct sunlight shining on the balcony.

Both will have some noise issues from the deck above.

Everything else is the same.

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We prefer aft A2's on deck 11 (even though we're eligible for the A1 upgrade) because they're located directly under the A1 cabins & Sky Suites on Deck 12. On our next two Silhouette cruises, we have 1627 & 1632 booked specifically for that reason.

If you don't want a cabin either under the pool deck or under the the Oceanview Cafe, I recommend looking at the deck plans before you choose.

As others have said it is all about location... That is it, that is all. They are both Aqua Class so the perks are identical.

And if you are a Celebrity Captain's Club Member who has sailed Celebrity before, then the price is identical cause you get the one subcategory upgrade (sail in an A1 but pay the A2 rate).

But you have to ask for that perk when you book. And you can also ask for the Captain's Club 50% Deposit too... However both these perks do have fine print so read that as there are times they are not applicable (ie C1s from C2s - Holiday Sailings etc)

On Equinox, the Aquas are all on Deck 11, tucked in under the rafters / overhang for Deck 12's Pool Deck. The majority of them are found fore & midship under public spaces up on Deck 12... But the ones aft will be under other cabins so they will by that nature also be less noisy / more desireable.

Be sure and check out the S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum for secifics on cabins you may be interested in (working with cabin numbers & Deck Plans too... As sometimes they can differ ship to ship)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

are any AQ class rooms located on the hump? We rather enjoyed the big balcony on Reflection.

The site is showing the the Penthouse Suits deck to choose my AQ room and the suits are on the hump for obvious reasons.

By all means Sir--a Hump is always better than no hump ;)

EQINOX 1599, 1601, 1603, 1605 and 1504, 1506, 1508 & 1510 are all Aqua A1 cabins on the frontside angle to "the hump".

They are certainly well located close to the midship elevators... And all 4 on both sides of the ship will have oversized balconies. The largest being first off, then third, then second, and then fourth

So... 1605 & 1610 - then 1601 & 1606 - next 1603 & 1608 - and lastly 1599 & 1504

The issues with these locations "could however be" ...

Wind as you are on the front side of the hump... And therefore out there cutting the air as the ship moves forward. Directly under the pool deck (specifically the wet zone) which could be noisy. And if you select a Port side cabin you may encounter second hand smoke, as Portside on the Pool Deck is one of the few Celebrity approved Designated Smoking Areas

Cheers!

We were in 1625 this past summer on Equinox. It is an A2. (I forgot to ask for A1 Captain's club when we booked.) It was a great cabin. Close to the elevator bank, quiet, nice balcony. DH and I agreed it was just about the perfect cabin. We could run up the stairs to the buffet for coffee in the morning before we went down to Blu for breakfast.

Ohiodoglover

We were in 1625 this past summer on Equinox. It is an A2. (I forgot to ask for A1 Captain's club when we booked.) It was a great cabin. Close to the elevator bank, quiet, nice balcony. DH and I agreed it was just about the perfect cabin. We could run up the stairs to the buffet for coffee in the morning before we went down to Blu for breakfast.

Ohiodoglover

Thanks for posting! We will be in 1625 in a month!