NCL Star to Mexico- when is formal nite?

Sheebah

Hi all,

When is the dressy evening on the Star. I realize it is optional on this ship. Also, is there just one dressy evening?

All of the ships, and all of the itineraries, are the same: the dress code is resort casual each and every night of the cruise. ALWAYS.

As long as you are in resort casual or better, you are fine. You will never ever be required to wear anything better than resort casual, and no venue will ever turn you away as long as you are in resort casual or better. ALWAYS.

If you want to get dressed up, that is completely 100% your choice. You can dress up one night, two nights, every night, or never...your choice...ALWAYS.

All of the ships, and all of the itineraries, are the same: the dress code is resort casual each and every night of the cruise. ALWAYS.

As long as you are in resort casual or better, you are fine. You will never ever be required to wear anything better than resort casual, and no venue will ever turn you away as long as you are in resort casual or better. ALWAYS.

If you want to get dressed up, that is completely 100% your choice. You can dress up one night, two nights, every night, or never...your choice...ALWAYS.

Thanks for the prompt reply! Have you noticed that people tend to dress up more for captains gala, etc?

Packing tips:

Cruise Tips TV:

Thanks for the prompt reply! Have you noticed that people tend to dress up more for captains gala, etc?

Packing tips:

Cruise Tips TV:

NCL does not do a "Captains Gala". You may be thinking of your past extensive experiences on other cruise lines. NCL is FREESTYLE. Dress up or not any night. Do what makes you comfortable.

WRT to something to do with the captain, I was recently invited to dine at the captains table and the invitation specifically said resort casual. Even for the captain, NCL respects what they say on their own website.

NCL does not do a "Captains Gala". You may be thinking of your past extensive experiences on other cruise lines. NCL is FREESTYLE. Dress up or not any night. Do what makes you comfortable.

WRT to something to do with the captain, I was recently invited to dine at the captains table and the invitation specifically said resort casual. Even for the captain, NCL respects what they say on their own website.

Indeed, you are correct! This old dog is used to formal nights!

So, what's baffling me is the website clearly stated during registration that there is "one optional formal evening", or something to that effect so...I'm totally confused now. Sigh.

Packing tips:

Cruise Tips TV:

Indeed, you are correct! This old dog is used to formal nights!

So, what's baffling me is the website clearly stated during registration that there is "one optional formal evening", or something to that effect so...I'm totally confused now. Sigh.

Packing tips:

Cruise Tips TV:

During your cruise there may be 1 or 2 nights that will be designated in your Freestyle Daily as something like "Norwegians Night Out" or "Dress Up Or Not Night". All this really means is that there will multiple photographers set up in the atrium area for photographs as opposed to other nights when there may be only 1 or none. On these nights the captain may be available for part of the evening so that you can have your photograph taken alongside him. There is no different dress code on these nights compared to any other night although there may be a greater percentage of people decked out. Resort casual is perfectly acceptable on any night at all venues.

Edited by Cruisin&Relaxin

During your cruise there may be 1 or 2 nights that will be designated in your Freestyle Daily as something like "Norwegians Night Out" or "Dress Up Or Not Night". All this really means is that there will multiple photographers set up in the atrium area for photographs as opposed to other nights when there may be only 1 or none. On these nights the captain may be available for part of the evening so that you can have your photograph taken alongside him. There is no different dress code on these nights compared to any other night although there may be a greater percentage of people decked out. Resort casual is perfectly acceptable on any night at all venues.

Very helpful- thank you.

Packing tips:

Cruise Tips TV: