It's beginning to look a lot like.......

darkprayer

Winter!!!! and Christmas!!! and down right cold around here!!! ;)

Who's heading south for the holidays or having a early holiday cruise!?

When are you going? What cruiseline...ect give us all the good stuff!

Who's going with you? Just you? The whole family(Yes, even the monster in-laws count), friends or just the spouse?

What do you do to make it feel like the holidays while your cruising?

Do you miss having your Christmas tree in your stateroom? Do you even put up the Christmas tree back home before you go??

Wait... are you one of the one's that doesn't like the holidays and your cruise is your escape? BAH HUMBUG... right??? :p

Our cruise is coming soo soon but not soon enough for me!! First, cold, snowy day here and I want the sun back. :(

I'm wanting to share some early cheer and hear what everyone else is doing this time of year on their cruise!! Share ideas and get some ideas!!!

Our Epic cruise is a surprise for our kids. They don't know and won't know until we our on our way to the airport!

Let's GO!!!

Edited by darkprayer

Oh yes, we had snow on Friday, and you probably heard about the wind and lake tides flooding parts of Chicago, 70 miles NW of where I live.:rolleyes: I have 3 cruises scheduled between now and Spring!!!!!!:)

Oh my goodness!! I didn't actually hear about that crazy weather up there!!

3 cruises!?!?! Jealous!!!

It sure was cold here in SW Florida this weekend - as in, "honey turn on the heat" cold! Record low temps.....

We will be putting up our tree the weekend before we leave - and will decorate it when we get back:). Probably will put out some of the inside decorations also before we leave - so it won't be too overwhelming when we get home. December holds tons of holiday parties, concerts, etc - can't WAIT for our cruise which will be the kick-off to our holiday celebrations!

My first cruise is coming up on Nov 16th on the Breakaway. As a added bonus my ta got me a upgrade from a studio to a aft balcony.

WOW! What a nice upgrade!!! Less then 2 weeks for you! you gotta be super excited!!!

Did you call and ask your TA for a possible upgrade or did your TA get the Upgrade Fairy call???

Our cruise sails Nov. 29. I have 6 Christmas trees. I'm putting up 3 before we leave on our cruise. We get back Dec. 6, so I want the house to look Christmassy.

6 trees!!:eek: I bet you have to have a small fortune in ornaments too! Would love to see some pictures!

Winter!!!! and Christmas!!! and down right cold around here!!! ;)

Here too in Utah!

We are!

When are you going? What cruiseline...ect give us all the good stuff!

Our cruise leaves Nov. 30th Norwegian Dawn.

Who's going with you? Just you? The whole family(Yes, even the monster in-laws count), friends or just the spouse?

Myself, DW, DS, DD, Brother, his wife and son, Other brother his wife and son, my Mom, my Aunt, my Uncle and my other Uncle.(5 suites between all of us)

Hoping Norwegian will take care of that being we are going the first week of December.

Do you miss having your Christmas tree in your stateroom? Do you even put up the Christmas tree back home before you go??

Will do that after we get back.

Wait... are you one of the one's that doesn't like the holidays and your cruise is your escape? BAH HUMBUG... right??? :p

Not me. I actually got our Christmas lights up this past weekend(Won't turn them on for several weeks, but they are up ;)

Our cruise is coming soo soon but not soon enough for me!! First, cold, snowy day here and I want the sun back. :(

I'm wanting to share some early cheer and hear what everyone else is doing this time of year on their cruise!! Share ideas and get some ideas!!!

Our Epic cruise is a surprise for our kids. They don't know and won't know until we our on our way to the airport!

Let's GO!!!

27 days and counting! WOO HOO!

Edited by vent1020

The ships will start decorating when they come in after the trip including Thanksgiving....We usually sail the weekend after Thanksgiving, and the work is well underway....The decorators board as soon as possible, and stay with the ship that week if necessary.... so you may see some of the work being done....

jus' me...jim...:cool:

I was actually hoping to get away from the Holiday spirit since it'll be crammed down my throat for whole 2 months - the decorations are already out in couple of stores here in NYC. I hope its tone down, really just want to get away from it and the reminder that birthday falls in December ( I can only have one present, not 2 ' yes, I know that mess up but then again I come from a mess up family. lol )

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I was actually hoping to get away from the Holiday spirit since it'll be crammed down my throat for whole 2 months - the decorations are already out in couple of stores here in NYC. I hope its tone down, really just want to get away from it and the reminder that birthday falls in December ( I can only have one present, not 2 ' yes, I know that mess up but then again I come from a mess up family. lol )

We cruised last December 1st and while some of the decorating had begun, it wasn't overwhelming like in the stores. The music was very quiet and the decorating was very pleasant, as in non-intrusive, so it was nice but not overdone with Christmas décor.

Enjoy your cruise.

WOW! What a nice upgrade!!! Less then 2 weeks for you! you gotta be super excited!!!

Did you call and ask your TA for a possible upgrade or did your TA get the Upgrade Fairy call???

I called when the prices dropped to see if it was possible to upgrade.

Leaving on the breakaway 3 days after Thanksgiving. Going with my DH DS and his GF and my sister her DH and 2 boys so there are eight of us in total going. I'm really excited about this trip because my son has been away in college for the past five years and it is just going to be wonderful to spend the time with him and his girlfriend. We get home December 7 so I will have to hurry up and decorate the house because I will be too busy packing and getting ready for the cruise to do it before we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised last December 1st and while some of the decorating had begun, it wasn't overwhelming like in the stores. The music was very quiet and the decorating was very pleasant, as in non-intrusive, so it was nice but not overdone with Christmas décor.

Enjoy your cruise.

Well good, will make shopping for Christmas gifts easier. I plan to buy it on the cruise ship since I really can't stand the crowds or the standing for hours while gift shopping - family going to have to settle for NCL logo bags or something, lol. Hopefully will get a good sale and spend less than $100 all together on all 11 of them....

It sure was cold here in SW Florida this weekend - as in, "honey turn on the heat" cold! Record low temps.....

We will be putting up our tree the weekend before we leave - and will decorate it when we get back:). Probably will put out some of the inside decorations also before we leave - so it won't be too overwhelming when we get home. December holds tons of holiday parties, concerts, etc - can't WAIT for our cruise which will be the kick-off to our holiday celebrations!

OH please, don't tell me that!!! No cold!!! I'm spending 3 days in Florida before we go!!! Need sun and hot and convertible cars!

Actually I'm happy it's finally starting to turn cold. So tired of sweating to death without even moving outside.

I will gladly switch places with you - going from cold NY that's in the 40-50's and might snow right to hopefully 70 degrees in Florida in December.

I swear the second it hit midnight Halloween...the Christmas stuff and music started playing here too!

I don't mind Christmas it just seems every year the stores have it out sooner and sooner!

Ask for one super dooper present if you can only have 1!!!

I swear the second it hit midnight Halloween...the Christmas stuff and music started playing here too!

I don't mind Christmas it just seems every year the stores have it out sooner and sooner!

Ask for one super dooper present if you can only have 1!!!

Sooner than later, we'll have Christmas in July sales....[emoji52]

Yes indeed, the misuss and I will be doing a pre-Christmas cruise this year, down under to Oz and some of the South Pacific islands. The 14 day cruise will be followed by a few more days in OZ which is followed by four days in Bangkok, which in turn is followed by four days in Istanbul. I just hate November and early December weather here in Eastern Quebec with short dark days, most with cold wind, rain or sleet and/or some snow but not enough to have fun in. Hopefully, upon our return, end of December, we can start with our snowmobile season. Merry Christmas everyone! :):D:eek:

Edited by Tangocherie

MEE!

When are you going?

December 21 {pre cruise December 19}

What cruiseline...ect give us all the good stuff!

NCL Breakaway :) First NCL ship :D

Just me and the mother, her first cruise ever.

Ive never done a Christmas cruise. First and only cruise was in August

Oh we'll put it up, I think we will anyway.

Wait... are you one of the one's that doesn't like the holidays and your cruise is your escape? BAH HUMBUG... right???

NOOOOO, I love the holidays. I just wish it didn't get shoved down our throats earlier and earlier each year. :( They had Christmas stuff for sale in the middle of October :confused: :mad:

Let's GO!!!